- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
SANParks Annual Cricket Tournament
On behalf of SANParks, congratulations and thank-you to everyone involved in the inaugural cricket weekend! While the cricket weekend was an opportunity for inter-park co-operation, community outreach, as well as a platform to bring our online community together, there was also a fund raising objective. Just one week after the event the total amount of money needed to purchase and install the Nossob Webcam was met and exceeded, with money still coming in!
The spirit and generosity off all involved has ensured that this event will be an annual one, and we hope that it will go from strength to strength. Plans are already underway for next years event.
Special thanks must go to all of those who made this day possible-especially our external stakeholders and sponsors who include
- All the SANParks forum community who attended in person or in spirit and gave of their time, enthusiasm and money-each and every contribution has helped be it R10.00 R50.00 or R1000.00-and especially those who have helped with the days event as scorers, bloggers, umpires, players and cheerleaders!
- The volunteer SANParks forum moderators who gave so much to ensuring the sucess of the event
- Frikkie Rossouw and the Skukuza Team and Sports Oval for hosting us
- Jannie Kriel and his team of community members from Kgalagadi for travelling such a long way
- Avis Upington, Gariep River Adventures and Anton van Schalkwyk for sponsoring the Kgalagadi’s Petrol costs, vehicles, and training
- Cricket South Africa for assisting with the sponsorship of equipment for the Kgalagadi Team, in particular Gerald Majola and Eugene Jacobs
- Muhammad Mia and Mias Angling and Scuba for the trophy, gifts that included engraved commemorative cups and keyrings, and two GPS units
- Marco Ravetto of Print'n Mark for his kind sponsorship of 9 x wildlife framed pictures, ±1000 licence discs, ± 500 flexible wildlife keyrings, 3 x very simple wall clocks, 1 x wood engraved elephant scenario and 1 x leather engraved Shingwedzi photograph
- Forum member Hippotat for the donation of 5 crates of beer
- Forum member Restio who donated a bottle of Amarula
- Forum member Pieter Steyn, for his generous donation of R1 000
- Forum member Jose for her generous donation of R3 000
- Pierre Van den Heever and Johan Moore of 42 Technology in conjunction with Mpumalanga Agricultural Development Corporation for their donation of R4 000
About the event
The inaugural SANParks Cricket Tournament took place at Skukuza on the 23/24 February 2007.
The programme for the day of the 24th saw matches between Skukuza, the Kgalagadi Community Development Team, and the SANParks Online Forum, who put together a men's and a women's team. Skukuza won the floating trophy in the final, where they played against the Forum men.
The day's activities were followed by a prize giving and a dinner at the Skukuza Golf Club.
Results and Gallery
Thanks to Jacques DeVilliers and Rene Travers for the use of their pictures. Also if anyone would like their image removed, please contact me
As has become typical of all events involving the generous and motivated SANParks forum, this event had a fundraising target of R20 000.00. This money is to be used for the purchase and installation of a webcam for the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, to be positioned at Nossob.