Media Release: More suspected poacher arrests
During the afternoon of 14th October 2010, rangers in the Kruger National Park (KNP) deployed in the Crocodile Bridge section of the KNP engaged a group of at least three (3) suspected rhino poachers shortly after they entered the park from Mozambique.
During the follow up operation one of the poaching suspects, a Mozambique national, was arrested and a hunting rifle confiscated.
The remaining two suspects managed to evade arrest and escaped back into Mozambique. During the operation two (2) of the Field Rangers conducting the operation were unfortunately injured when a rhino that was being hunted by the poaching group accidently ran into the Field Rangers.
The Field Rangers are currently being treated for their injuries which fortunately are not life threatening.
SANParks Corporate Communications
- wanda mkutshulwa, Head of Communications, Tel: (012) 426 5201 or 0829082692; e-mail: email@example.com
- Reynold Thakhuli, GM: Media, Events & Stakeholder Relations, Tel: (012) 426 5203 / 073 373 4999 e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Karoo Birding Weekend 2015
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 21st April 2015
- Cricket days and the last nights of Summer
Posted by: spargish on 21st April 2015
- Index : Insects and Other Invertebrates
Posted by: Crested Val on 21st April 2015