Media Release: Field Rangers strike and Salary Parity in SANParks
A special meeting between South African National Parks (SANParks) and Health and Other Service Personnel Trade Union of South Africa (HOSPERSA), one of the main unions operating within SANParks, was held on 22nd February 2012.
A special meeting between South African National Parks (SANParks) and Health and Other Service Personnel Trade Union of South Africa (HOSPERSA), one of the main unions operating within SANParks, was held on 22nd February 2012 in order to discuss and find an amicable resolution to salary disparity concerns raised by a group of non-unionised employees, currently on strike.
The Parties acknowledged that whilst there are matters that need urgent attention, previous discussions regarding the improvement of salaries have yielded positive results. “Hence, over the past two years minimum salaries have been increased by 26% and an average of 35% for employees in the Paterson A and B Bands respectively,” said SANParks Managing Executive: Human Resources, Leonard Mavuso.
The Parties have subsequently agreed on the following:
- A Joint Task Team meeting will take place on 29th February 2012 in order to consider the extent of salary disparities, where identified, and recommend measures to be implemented to ensure salary parity;
- Reviewal of Subsistence and Travel Policy before 1st April 2012 and;
- Benchmarking SANParks’ salaries against those of similar organisations.
SANParks and HOSPERSA
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communication, Kruger National Park
Tel: 013 735 4363
Cell: 082 807 3919 Email: email@example.com
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Karoo Birding Weekend 2015
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 21st April 2015
- Cricket days and the last nights of Summer
Posted by: spargish on 21st April 2015
- Index : Insects and Other Invertebrates
Posted by: Crested Val on 21st April 2015