- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Field Rangers strike and Salary Parity in SANParks
Date: 27th February 2012
A special meeting between South African National Parks (SANParks) and Health and Other Service Personnel Trade Union of South Africa (HOSPERSA), one of the main unions operating within SANParks, was held on 22nd February 2012.
A special meeting between South African National Parks (SANParks) and Health and Other Service Personnel Trade Union of South Africa (HOSPERSA), one of the main unions operating within SANParks, was held on 22nd February 2012 in order to discuss and find an amicable resolution to salary disparity concerns raised by a group of non-unionised employees, currently on strike.
The Parties acknowledged that whilst there are matters that need urgent attention, previous discussions regarding the improvement of salaries have yielded positive results. “Hence, over the past two years minimum salaries have been increased by 26% and an average of 35% for employees in the Paterson A and B Bands respectively,” said SANParks Managing Executive: Human Resources, Leonard Mavuso.
The Parties have subsequently agreed on the following:
- A Joint Task Team meeting will take place on 29th February 2012 in order to consider the extent of salary disparities, where identified, and recommend measures to be implemented to ensure salary parity;
- Reviewal of Subsistence and Travel Policy before 1st April 2012 and;
- Benchmarking SANParks’ salaries against those of similar organisations.
SANParks and HOSPERSA
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communication, Kruger National Park
Tel: 013 735 4363
Cell: 082 807 3919 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org