Media Release: KNP Field Rangers' strike called-off
The South African National Parks (SANParks) field rangers’ strike which commenced on the 3rd February 2012 has been called-off, effective as from today, 30th April 2012.
The National Health & Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU), acting on behalf of striking employees proposed the following:
- That the strike be immediately called-off and striking employees to return to work on or before Tuesday 1st May 2012
- SANParks suspends the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements; and
- That SANParks commits to a meeting to address grievances which led to the strike.
SANParks responded as follows:
- NEHAWU’s proposal to call-off the strike is accepted and that striking employees should return to work unconditionally
- SANParks shall call-off the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements
- SANParks commits to meet striking employees and or their representatives in order to discuss issues that led to the strike; which are not related to matters of mutual interest, but matters of rights; and
- SANParks further committed to share relevant information at the meeting in order to demonstrate that the issues raised by striking employees are part of on-going discussions with recognized unions.
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communication, KNP said that affected employees will not be victimized or intimidated as a consequence to their participation in a protected strike. Acts of misconduct will be dealt with in accordance with the Disciplinary Code and Procedure.
The parties agreed to a meeting on Thursday 17th May 2012.
GM: Media Liaison & Stakeholder Relations, SANParks,
Tel: (012) 426 5170, Cell: 073 373 4999, e-mail: email@example.com
HOD: Public Relations and Communication, Kruger National Park.
Tel: (013) 735 4363, Cell: 082 807 3919, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Hip Hip Hooray! We turn 11 today!
Posted by: DinkyBird on 27th November 2015
- Road Tripping For Christmas 2015
Posted by: RichardS on 27th November 2015
- FIRES IN KNP
Posted by: naomi c on 27th November 2015