Media Release: KNP Awards Top Achievers
Date: 2007-11-27For the ninth year in a row, the Kruger National Park (KNP) awarded its staff during the 2007 Achievement Awards Ceremony which was held tonight (Friday, November 23, 2007) at the Skukuza Airport.
For the ninth year in a row, the Kruger National Park (KNP) awarded its staff during the 2007 Achievement Awards Ceremony which was held tonight (Friday, November 23, 2007) at the Skukuza Airport.
“This is our attempt to honour those members of our staff who have excelled during the past year or who have given excellent service to our guests over a long period of time,” said the KNP’s Managing Executive Dr Bandile Mkhize.
SANParks Chief Operating Officer Mr Sydney Soundy presented the following awards:
• Best Region of the Year was presented to Nxanatseni Region (north of the Olifants River)
• Best Department of the Year was presented to Veterinary Wildlife Services. This is the second year in a row that this department has scooped this award.
• Camp of the Year was presented to Berg en Dal Rest Camp. This is the second year in a row that this camp has received this award.
• Bush Camp of the Year was presented to Bataleur Bush Camp (situated near Shingwedzi Rest Camp in the northern area of the park).
• Ranger Post of the Year was presented to Kingfisherspruit Ranger Post. This section includes Orpen Rest Camp and Entrance Gate Complex and Talamati Bush Camp.
• Entrance Gate of the Year was presented to Phalaborwa Entrance Gate.
• Concession of the Year was presented to the Muhlumuvi Concession. This is the first year that Concessions have been part of the KNP Achievement Awards.
• Shop of the Year was presented to Afsaal. This is the first time that the shops of the KNP have been part of the KNP Achievement Awards.
Outstanding Service in the Workplace awards were presented to the following individuals:
• Christopher Muthathi – Conservation Services
• Januario Fernades – Conservation Services
• Marius Renke – Conservation Services
• Juzzy Mashele – Conservation Services
• Nkateko Chauke – People and Conservation
• Derek Visagie – Technical Services
• Samson Chuma – Technical Services
• Edson Sithuu – Technical Services
• Hazel Matsane - Finance
• Marie Ramsden – Finance
• Llewellyn Foxcroft – Scientific Services
• Patricia Khoza – Scientific Services
• Reneilwe Mashigo – Human Resources
• Simon Marutha – Human Resources
• Grant Knight – Specialised Corporate Services
• Sandra Snelling – Specialised Corporate Services
• Ben Baloyi – Specialised Corporate Services
• Johan Malan – Specialised Corporate Services
• Sinna Mphatse – Public Relations
• Patricia Mohlala – Public Relations
• Itumeleng Khadambi – Public Relations
• Enock Manyike – Marula Region
• Neels van Wyk – Marula Region
• Zephania Sambo – Marula Region
• Maniah Malamule – Marula Region
• Tholaphy Ngonyama – Marula Region
• Albert Maluleke – Marula Region
• Lucky Ndlovu – Nkayeni Region
• Thomas Shivuri – Nkayeni Region
• Patson Makhubele – Nkayeni Region
• Joseph Baloyi – Nkayeni Region
• Isaac Hlongwane – Nxanatseni Region
• Christa von Elling – Nxanatseni Region
• Johann Mdhuli – Nxanatseni Region
Outstanding Service to Tourist/Clients/Customers awards were presented to the following individuals:
• Gcinaphi Matsebula – Tourism and Marketing
• Patrick Munyai – Managing Executive’s Department
• Lourens Botha – Marula Region
• Kgomotso Koma – Marula Region
• Andre Mabunda – Nkayeni Region
• Maria Zitha – Nkayeni Region
• Elinah Mona – Nxanatseni Region
The KNP Managing Executive’s Special Award Citations were presented to the following people and organisations for their support to the Kruger National Park over the past years:
• Ike Phaahla (SAfm Radio Presenter who has selflessly supported the KNP Achievement Awards over the years);
• Bheki Nxumalo (Ligwalagwala FM Radio Presenter who has never missed an award ceremony since its inception in 1998);
• TSB (for this company’s continued support of KNP community projects)
• FNB (for this company’s continued support of various projects and events, including SANParks Week)
The Total SA Top Service Award to the best KNP filling station was also presented during the ceremony.
The KNP has three regions, 12 rest camps, five bush camps, seven concessions, 22 ranger posts and about 2 000 SANParks appointed staff members.
Raymond Travers, Media Relations Practitioner, Kruger National Park. Contact: Tel: 013 735 4116, cell: 082 908 2677 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communications, Kruger National Park. Contact: Tel: 013 735 4363, cell: 082 807 3919 or email: email@example.com
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Biyamiti Bushveld camp river view
Posted by: surpriseh on 30th May 2015
- Nossob Cam 30/05/2015
Posted by: Shiba on 30th May 2015
- Addo cam 30/05/2015
Posted by: Shiba on 30th May 2015