Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: mfolozi will not accept wild card on its own merit
Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:23 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Finally got a refund , for problem that occured beginning of August. Refund received last Saturday.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

Location: Johannesburg - where they cut down trees and name streets after them.
We often visit KZN Wildlife reserves and we've just about given up trying to use the Wildcard. Our last visit was in October 2013.

This was our experience:
Smaller reserves (day visitors), Mtamvuna, Mpenjati and Vernon Crooks took the Wildcard and no entrance fees were payable.
Ndumo (overnight visitors) took the Wildcard and no entrance fees payable.
Tembe (day visitor) refused the WC, they only accept KZN's own Rhino card.
Kosi Bay (overnight visitors) took the card but no discount because their conservation fees are included in their accommodation costs, no discount.
Mtinzini took the Wildcard and although they said that no entrance fee would be charged, the paid amount was exactly the same for two visits. Both 2 nights, one week apart, one with the WC and one without.
Cape Vidal (day visitor) refused the WC. They said it is a community park and they partner with no one.
Mkuzi (overnight visitor) refused the WC, they only accept their own Rhino Card.

It seems like all the KZN reserves do their own thing when it comes to the WC and that is a problem on the KZN side. This has been ongoing since before SANParks took over the WC, nothing has changed.
Since SANParks is now in charge of the WC they should possibly take this up with KZN Wildlife?

We now ask for a quotation without the WC and one with and if it means no discount to us we do not offer the card. I could imagine that they probably send a list of scanned WC's to SANParks for compensation and if they do not offer a discount of sort, they are not scanning my card.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:10 pm 

Hi Forestgump, I wish i had read your post a month ago.
I've just got back from an immensely frustrating trip to KZN(ex Cape Town). I found that none of the Ezemvelo Parks I visited would accept my Wild Card. These included Mkhuze, Imfolozi and a few spots around St Lucia estuary(Isimangoliso).
At Imfolozi the staff refused the card without the confirmation letter saying that SANParks/Wild Card had not yet supplied them with the card reading gadget. Personally, I think the problem is that 50% of the time they don't have electricity to operate the card reader(as was the case when I arrived).
Subsequent investigation has revealed that none of the Isimangoliso Parks are in fact WC Partners and that includes Mkhuze.
Wild Card has promised me a refund for my Imfolozi entrance fees.

If you intend to visit any Ezemvelo Park, get a written quote to avoid being abused.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:27 pm 

Just to clarify, it's always been the case that some of the KZN parks are not part of the Wild Card scheme.

The list of Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife parks that are part of the scheme can be found here.

And as I was looking for this I noticed this disclaimer, right at the bottom of the page:

Quote:
Wild Card visits

Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife
Visitors entering Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife entrance gates with a Wild Card are required to produce proof of applicable membership (All Parks or EKZN Wildlife cluster) and validity. The following forms of proof are accepted: purchase receipt, application completion, or confirmation letter for renewal or update (issued on purchase of a Wild Card). In addition, Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife requires proof of identification which corresponds with the ID/passport number on your letter or receipt. In the interests of visitors, existing and potential Wild Card members are reminded of this ruling. Visitors without proof of validity and applicable membership will be denied free access through EKZN Wildlife entrance gates until the Wild Card hardware is rolled out and system training at Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife is completed.

After the holidays I will ask for how long the the hardware and system training is likely to last! But for now please remember to take proof of validity.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:42 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
Award: Small Parks Promoter of the Year & Sighting of the Year - Small Creatures and Insects (2013)
:hmz: I guess, I also had to learn the lessons as shared by all on this thread the hard way. :wall: :wall:
Also wished I could read this post through before I embarked on a trip to KZN.

Also had to pay entrance fees at Cape Vidal and Mkuze as I was quite surprised by the response.
At Hluhluwe today, also experienced challenge at reception as I did not have the paper confirmation on hand, but did got my in-laws available - so the receptionist was kind to accept both, but did highlight I need to bring the proof of confirmation with the next time. They are not electronica;;y linkedto the Wild Card system, hence could not verify whether card s 'active'.

As a suggestion the Ezemvelu KZN Widlife Call Centre through whom one do bookings should highlight this to all making bookings - perhaps Wild Card could highlight this with their management.

I will also let the Ezemvelu KZN Wildlife know about my experiences which are definitely not up to the standard as I have experienced with SANParks.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:50 pm 

Hi Lesego

I hope you are still dealing with Wild Card queries.
I refer to my post on 22/12/13 on this topic. Lukas Sandleni, Financial Administrator: WildCard, promised me a refund ( for my Imfolozi entrance fees) on 11/12/2013. Subsequent reminders, the last being on 9/7/14, fell on deaf ears. This last reminder was returned saying that the mailbox is no longer active and any mail should now be addressed to Ramaruro Mogogole. I mailed Ramaruro immediately and have not even had an acknowledgement of receipt.

PLEASE SPIT IT OUT HERE - ARE SANP's GOING TO ARRANGE MY REFUND OR NOT? I'M SURE THE FORUMITES WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:33 pm 

Hi Lesego
Thanks for your non-existent reply :evil:
Clearly I'm not going to get my refund. Guess I'll just have to recover it in a different way :twisted:

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:17 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
shfish, maybe you must send Lesego an email, could be that she's hasn't seen your post on this thread :hmz:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:55 am 
Guru
Guru

shfish wrote:
Hi Lesego

I hope you are still dealing with Wild Card queries.
I refer to my post on 22/12/13 on this topic. Lukas Sandleni, Financial Administrator: WildCard, promised me a refund ( for my Imfolozi entrance fees) on 11/12/2013. Subsequent reminders, the last being on 9/7/14, fell on deaf ears. This last reminder was returned saying that the mailbox is no longer active and any mail should now be addressed to Ramaruro Mogogole. I mailed Ramaruro immediately and have not even had an acknowledgement of receipt.

PLEASE SPIT IT OUT HERE - ARE SANP's GOING TO ARRANGE MY REFUND OR NOT? I'M SURE THE FORUMITES WOULD LIKE TO KNOW.

Morning shfish;

I honestly missed this post. I will contact Wild Card immediately and let them know that this an urgent pending query. I apologise for the delay in response.

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:24 am 
Guru
Guru

Hi again shfish;

Can you please send me an email with all your details so that I can forward it to Wild Card and they can get in touch with you.

Tel: (012) 426 5202

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:44 pm 

Hi Lesego
Now it's me that's not following this thread....I had given up.
I'll send the email to you soonest.
Thanks.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:47 am 

Please read here and be aware of the extra requirements from Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife parks

Wild Card visits to Ezemvelo KZN Wildlife parks