SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The return of the Cloggy Kruger highlights
Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
Lovely Lion pics t-bal, I bet you are excited about your holiday in a few days, hope you have a lovely time with great sightings :dance: :dance:

Hi Carol G and welcome on board :D

You have bet right that I’m excited, can’t wait. :D

Thank you for kind wishes :thumbs_up:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:23 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hello Mites

With our arrival at OT Airport getting ever closer (just 4 more days now) :D I’m already starting to prepare myself for our travel. That’s a real achievement for me considering I’m normally “the last minute king”. :roll: Clothes are all laid aside (waiting for mothers approva :doh: l) , camera gear is all packed and ready to go and I have already started to look which routes would be the best to take on our first day. We will be arriving probably at Crocodile Bridge Gate and are staying at Pretoriuskop.
Besides that I have somehow injured my back which means I’m sitting at home now for the last few days being bored senseless. :( Good preparation for our 10 hour flight. :thumbs_up: But considering I’m doing nothing wright now, what better way to pass my time than sharing some more highlights with you guys.
My next highlights are rather special ones. The best thing about these highlights is that we saw plenty of them. :D A lot more than we had expected before we arrived in the Kruger. Hopefully these guys are strengthening in numbers again but how I have read on these forums that is not the case. :( Here are some of our better pictures.

We were lucky enough to spot a black rhino family as well. It was a female with her calf and a male (presumably the father). It was our first ether black rhino sighting.

One more episode to come before we leave for South Africa...

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Stunning Rhino highlights t-bal! Beautiful pictures! :clap: :clap:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:48 pm 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

t-bal, hang in there...nearly time and once you are in Kruger, the time flies. :dance:

Lovely pics of the rhinos.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:50 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Lovely rhino, t-bal.

I hope your back gets better soon. :gflower: Not a nice injury to have just before a trip.

:popcorn:

Unread postPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
Stunning Rhino highlights t-bal! Beautiful pictures! :clap: :clap:

Hi Hilda and thank you for your reply

We consider each rhino sighting a highlight. :D Can you imagine how happy we were seeing so many beautiful rhinos. :dance: Hopefully we will see a lot of rhinos this time around as well.

Quote:
t-bal, hang in there...nearly time and once you are in Kruger, the time flies. :dance:

Lovely pics of the rhinos.

Hi Kaapsedraai

Thank you for your reply.
It is so true that once there times seems to fly. Saying that we are leaving in about 4 hours to the airport and that went rather fast as well… :) Bet the 10 hour flight won’t go by so quick. :(

Quote:
Lovely rhino, t-bal.

I hope your back gets better soon. :gflower: Not a nice injury to have just before a trip.

Hi Meandering Mouse and thanks for the reply.

Luckily my back has fully recovered I think… :hmz: But doing a physical workout this morning might not have been so smart, I’ll find out later :lol:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:02 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

It’s about 3 and a half hours to go before we start our long travel towards South Africa. My parents and brother have gone to bed to rest up. My tactic is stay up, get tired and sleep as looooooong as possible on the plain witch should make the flight go a lot faster. :thumbs_up: It’s time for the final chapter of highlights from our previous trip. All these pictures were taken on the same day. We spotted ( quite literally ) 2 of them first thing in the morning on the H7 and the other 3 late afternoon on the S100. Hope you enjoy the pics.

First sighting:

Second sighting:

That where our main highlights of our previous trip. Now it’s nearly time to make some more highlights. Will be posting in little over 3 weeks’ time. Thanks again to everybody who replied.

Gr. T-bal.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:54 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

t-bal, what a sighting of sightings, :hmz: I might wait a while before I have breakfast. :wink: Your pictures are quite remarkable.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:36 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

That is one amazing sighting!!!! Your pics are stunning. :thumbs_up:

"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."
~ Native American (Huron) Proverb

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:07 am 
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Stunning pictures t-bal! Have a nice flight and I wish you lots of amazing sightings! Looking forward to your trip report on your return! :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:18 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hello T-bal
I just caught up with your highlights ahead of your trip (I imagine you are already on your way) and wish you and your family safe travels, great weather, wonderful sightings and marvelous adventures. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Holding thumbs that the rest of your exam results were good and congrats to you on doing well so far.

Loved you hyenas, leopards, lions and rhinos! Hope you get to see a lot more of them and more on your current trip. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:29 pm 

Amazing rhino and cheetah sightings t-bal :clap: :clap: .

Have a safe flight and hope that you encounter some more amazing sightings during your trip :thumbs_up: .

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:17 am 
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger

t-bal, excellent sightings of the cats... :thumbs_up:

Hope you are not benchmarking this trip against the previous one as I have learnt to just value every minute in the park and whatever comes along is a bonus...thereby making it a lot more enjoyable. :thumbs_up:

Safe travels... :dance:

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:52 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Quote:
t-bal, what a sighting of sightings, :hmz: I might wait a while before I have breakfast. :wink: Your pictures are quite remarkable.

Hi meandering mouse
I sure hope you managed to have your breakfast, might have been better sharing that pic later on in the day. :lol:

Quote:
That is one amazing sighting!!!! Your pics are stunning. :thumbs_up:

Hi Trrp-trrrrrr
Thank you for your comments, hope you enjoy as there are many new sightings to be shared in the upcoming days.

Quote:
Stunning pictures t-bal! Have a nice flight and I wish you lots of amazing sightings! Looking forward to your trip report on your return! :dance: :dance:

Hi Hilda
Thank you for the comments and the save travel wishes. I slept through our entire flight over Africa so it was the best flight ever. Trip report coming up as soon as I have sorted my pictures out.

Quote:
Hello T-bal
I just caught up with your highlights ahead of your trip (I imagine you are already on your way) and wish you and your family safe travels, great weather, wonderful sightings and marvelous adventures. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip. Holding thumbs that the rest of your exam results were good and congrats to you on doing well so far.

Loved you hyenas, leopards, lions and rhinos! Hope you get to see a lot more of them and more on your current trip. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi LesleyWilson and welcome on board
Thank you for all your nice comments and wishes. I passed my exams so I have passed my first year which had to be celebrated. Many more great sightings coming up.

Quote:
Amazing rhino and cheetah sightings t-bal :clap: :clap: .

Have a safe flight and hope that you encounter some more amazing sightings during your trip :thumbs_up: .

Hi barryels
Thank you for your reply and safe travel wishes. More amazing rhino and cheetah sightings coming up. (big and small)

Quote:
t-bal, excellent sightings of the cats... :thumbs_up:

Hope you are not benchmarking this trip against the previous one as I have learnt to just value every minute in the park and whatever comes along is a bonus...thereby making it a lot more enjoyable. :thumbs_up:

Safe travels... :dance:

Hi Kaapsedraai
Thank you for your reply. I have certainly not expecting too much. We were so glad we could visit the Kruger again we certainly enjoyed every minute. Non the less, there were many great sightings.

Unread postPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:07 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

We have safely arrived back home in Holland after spending the last 3 weeks in South Africa. As I said before I will be sharing our story of the Kruger park with you guys.
We have had an amazing time with many new, familiar, breathtaking, cute and of course frightening sightings. I will be sorting the photos out in the upcoming few days. Luckily I took a pen and paper with me so I will have my facts wright. This will safe me a lot of time this time around. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 170 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next