Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Reservation Question
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:43 pm 

I have not been to the park since 2012 and am planning for a trip in June 2015. Will online reservations for June 2015 be available as of July 1, 2014? What about e-mail requests...July 1, 2014?

I have looked on the reservations page but could not locate the answer. Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Reservation Question
Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 6:17 pm 

Hi Don

'Online' you can only book 10 months in advance, so for the 11 months in advance booking, which I recommend as June is high season, you need to email or call. Calling is difficult for you from so far, but if you are planning on booking during peak season (school holidays) which are towards the last week of June, then call.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:00 pm 

Thanks Dalene...I just had a peek online and it looks like reservations can be made up to May 30, 2015, which I would have thought might not be possible given the 10 month rule...am I reading/interpreting things incorrectly?

Don

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:18 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi don,

It seems as if the on-line did change and move forward 1 day at a time, with 11 month rule therefore you can book until end May.

When booking through the reservation office you can book from 11 months up to a max of 12 months in advance, but only on the 1st of every month. Basically the on-line catches up with the reservation office bookings after 30/31 days.

To explain on 1 July you can book until 30 June 2015 through reservation office, while on-line you can book until 1 June 2015. Mid July you can book online until 15 June 2015 and on 31 July no difference between on-line or office until the next month when the office bookings moves on 30/31 days and on-line only 1 day.

I think it is new and I only realized it in May when I checked and could see you can book for a few days in April. Hope it explain a bit, but the dates on the on-line page seems correct as you can view until end May 2015 at the moment and add it to your booking.

Unread postPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:24 pm 

Oh goodness :redface: You are right. Let me ask SANParks to confirm here tomorrow what the process/timeline for online bookings is.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:37 pm 

Thank you Son godin for that information...that helps but the following bit of info I received from a prior inquiry to someone who works in the Park system has added a bit more confusion...

"The Reservations inbox is gonna be your best bet, bookings will open the 22nd July 2014, and the Manageress Mrs Hesther van den Bergh, sorts out all the year in advance bookings, and gives it to the people in the call centre to attend to, I no longer work in that department, so sorry."

When I inquired about whether the 22 July date was actually correct and shouldn't it be 1 July, I was told....

"Yes normally, buit management made a change of plan"

Does anyone know anything about year-in-advance reservations for June 2015 being delayed until 22nd July 2014?

Thanks again, Don

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi don,

Son godin is right... we did introduce an extension to the booking period without making an announcement in that regard.

It's just a more complex formula now - mostly for 11 months in advance - but tied to the call centre periods as well, because in some instances - like next month - the web will be open for bookings almost 13 months in advance.

So if you would like to book for June 2015, you need to wait till 22 July 2014 and contact the call centre. Or wait 1 more day - on 23 July and then you can book online till 31 July 2015. This is just for the holiday period. A similar approach will apply in January 2015 for January 2016.

I hope this makes sense, and you all get to book exactly the parks and camps you desire. :gflower:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:07 pm 

Thank you. I may also want to book for Aug 2015...so is this the required procedure?

Booking for June 2015, earliest possible reserve by calling or e-mailing reservations 22 July 2014, or online 23 July 2015.

Booking for August 2015, earliest possible reserve by calling or e-mailing reservations office 1 September 2015, or online (when?).

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 12:12 pm 

Hi there,
I'm finding this quite confusing! I thought I understood booking but I wanted to double check and this has confused me utterly. We want to book for the beginning of July 2015 and thought I needed to book August 1st but what I've just read it looks like booking may open earlier? We want some very popular/ small camps so want to book as soon as booking opens to try to ensure we get the bookings we want. Also I'm a bit unclear about when deposits have to be payed? And if you book online can you pay by debit card or does it have to be credit card?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Mez

3rd & 4th Urikaruus
5th & 6th Nossob
7th Kieliekrankie

Addo:
July 9th-14th (Main camp)

Counting down already!!!

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:31 pm 

Mez...I am still quite confused too. Not sure why these changes aren't all stated clearly someplace. I've decided to go ahead and try to book for June 2015 on 1 July forthcoming and if I'm told to wait till the 22nd, I will.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:58 am 

Hello...for those interested, here is the response to my email request for booking for July 2015

'We will open the June and July 2015 reservations on the 22nd July 2014 at 7h30

We do not keep requests – resend your reservation request on the 22nd July 2014

Remember everybody will send e/mails; faxes and phone (012 4289111) at 7h30, it takes time to read and book per e/mail, the best way to book will be per telephone"

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:53 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hi Don,

I tried the call center. Reservations open 22nd July for June 2015. Emails should be sent on the 22nd before 7:30am.

Online opens on the 23rd July (according to the email I received).

Guess we just have to wait until then.

Regards

KNP June 2015
Mopani, Tamboti, Satara, Skukuza, Croc Bridge

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:48 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hello all
So I took a look online this morning and June/July 2015 arent available yet. Am I misunderstanding this whole thing. Must I get my wife to come and read and explain? She's quicker than I am.

Where can I read up what payment is due for what kind of reservation? ie. if I book online i got to pay in full, there and then. Which is probably what I'll go for as it's how I've done it in until now. But if I book by telephone, how do I know by when, how much deposit and where to I must pay the money?

Cheers - Ed

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:18 am 
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger

FAC Member (2013)
Moobox, if you book by tel, you will be asked for your CC no too pay the deposit, they will then email you your booking, on it will be the amount outstanding and when it is due to be paid. Hope this helps

Unread postPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:21 am 
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Moobox if you book by phone they will e-mail you within a very short time to let you have the first letter and then it tells you when the deposit is due .. You can then get you wife to check it over and see all is correct .. and then you can pay the deposit by EFT or CC . and good luck that you get what you want