Skip to content

SANParks.org Forums

View unanswered posts | View active topics

[ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Reviving the Camera Club
Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 1:56 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

I think we should look at setting up photographic meet ups for the forum members in certain areas, we have some fantastic photographers on the forum and it would be a great way for some of the more inexperienced (me included) to learn and experience from the pro guys :)

also maybe start looking at starting a forum of critique and comments where you post an image and give certain information about the image and receive crit and comments on the image.

Perhaps worth a look?

I can help with the retail (questions about lenses and pricing) side of things, I am in that industry.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:42 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Well, I would like to have some sort of comment on photographs that i take. just recently bought a camera and some lenses and the stuff just doesnt look right hey. Nevertheless, i'll have the thing with me in KNP in a cuppla weeks and see what can put together.

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:47 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey Moobox. I'll be glad to help where I can.

Is there anything in specific you are battling with?

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 am 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey Timbo thanks. Didnt get back to this thread til now. Still trying to work out how to store and manage images. I'm not a very organized person. Some people apparently have wonderful ways of doing this so I'll be checking out a few options.

You know what? I take photographs and with my limited knowledge of aperture, shutter speed and ISO, I seem to get some reasonable shots. I say knowledge becasue the understanding - I think that I have. Putting it into practice seems to be the issue. Chap I know reckons that I have too much noise in my photographs. Why the heck they call it noise beats me but that's what it is so I'll call it that as well. So, I say then what must I do and he says practise and take a lot more photographs than you do. It apparently all boils down for the main part to the interplay between these three factors.

Unread postPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:57 pm 
Junior Virtual Ranger
Junior Virtual Ranger

Hey Moobox. Noise is generally a result of high ISO. The higher the iso the more noise you will have in a image.

Balancing shutter, aperture and iso is what really matters. You need to look at a scene, decide on what shutter, iso and aperture you need to produce the best image possible from the camera with acceptable amounts of noise.

Some cameras handle high iso better then others in terms of noise. Ie, 7D is prone to produce noisy images above 800 iso according to quite a few people but then I can push my 6D up to 3200 iso and still get workable images.

Hope this helps