Skip to Content

Well done Shingwedzi

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.

Moderator: RosemaryH

K-4S

Well done Shingwedzi

Unread postby K-4S » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:03 pm

I have just returned from the park and I will write up a trip report in the coming weeks but just for now I would just like to say that the whole staff and overall experience at Shingwedzi rest camp was outstanding! the staff were all friendly and very helpful. The camp was always spotless and in very good condition considering that they are recovering from a flood.

the shop was much cheaper than Letaba. A shirt that I wanted to buy was R150 more expensive in the Letaba shop. :rtm:

and the front desk staff at Letaba were very rude, to the point in fact where I have decieded that i will not be staying at Letaba again.

Well done Shingwedzi I can't wait to come back :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
January 2015
Balule | Tamboti

June 2015
Shimuwini | Shingwedzi | Punda Maria

October 2015
Balule | Letaba

Trrp-trrrrrrrr
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Award: Funniest/Best Forumite Name (2014)
Award: Forumite of the Year (2014)
Award: Video of the Year (2014)
FAC Member (2013)

Re: Well done Shingwedzi

Unread postby Trrp-trrrrrrrr » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:34 pm

Wonderful to see these positive accolades for Shingwetzi :clap: :clap:

Well done to all!!!! Keep up the good work!!! :thumbs_up:

K-4S This type of experience just adds to a wonderful time spent in the Park. :dance:
"Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you."~ Native American (Huron) Proverb

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:50 pm

That is so lovely.

Thank you Shingwetzi and thank you K-4S :thumbs_up:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for posting K-4S :thumbs_up:
Your compliments, thanks and appreciation have been passed on :D

Well Done Shingwedzi :clap: :clap: :D
Rose
Please read the green gate permit you will receive on entry to the park and stick to the rules.
Remember By Feeding Any Wildlife You Are Signing Their Death Warrant, As They Become Aggressive.

Grantmissy
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
Distinguished Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Grantmissy » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:19 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: to the Shingwedzi staff.
Do not support Circuses that uses wild and other animals to perform circus acts to amuse people

Crested Val
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby Crested Val » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:26 am

I can also endorse what K-4S has posted!!!!

We agree with all he/she says about Shingwedzi Camp. :thumbs_up:

PNF
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger

Unread postby PNF » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:31 am

So glad we did book for Shingwedzi this year..............thought about missing it out because of last year's floods. Can't wait for May :)
Well done, guys 'n gals!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
Benjamin Franklin

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Management thanks you for your comments and will pass them on to the staff at Shingwedzi :thumbs_up:

Enjoy your time at Shingwedzi in May PNF :dance:
Rose
Please read the green gate permit you will receive on entry to the park and stick to the rules.
Remember By Feeding Any Wildlife You Are Signing Their Death Warrant, As They Become Aggressive.

jilj

Unread postby jilj » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:17 pm

We have recently got back from 2 weeks in the park Punda - Bungalow 21 in good condition - thanks also to Garth and Mike. On to Shingwedzi Bungalow 22 - still in excellent condition - smiles and good service every where. They have a new lady manager who is doing a great job - lets hope she can keep it up On to Satara to Bungalow C68 in fair condition but repairs carried out pronto. Then 1 night at Skukuza - bungalow in good condition - cant stand the' brocade' curtains!! We needed to see the Doctor. The receptionist was delightful and Doctor Gary Peiser was informative and so good A first class service So all in all it is congratulations all round. The park is looking super just like a verdant forest sprinkled with white confetti (brown veined whites) The birds were great, the Leopards always fascinating. We will be back to Kruger on 19t March What more can I say than we love this place so dearly

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:20 am

Welcome to the forums jilj and thanks for the great comments. I will pass them on :thumbs_up: Happy you enjoyed your visit :D
Rose

boertjie

Unread postby boertjie » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:58 am

We also just came back from the park . I agree with the service from Shingwedzi . This is one of the best camps in the park . Everything about this camp stepped up to the plate. If you look at the camp you would not say it was underwater a year ago . The staff always smiles and makes you feel welcome .The shop was my Wife's best experience of all the shops we stopped at in the whole park.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Sat May 30, 2015 9:11 am

You will all be very happy to know that Shingwedzi has received the Camp of the Year Award in the KNP Achievement Awards held last night :clap: :clap: :clap:

Well Done Christa and team :thumbs_up: Keep up the great service and hospitality :clap: :clap:
Rose

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby RosemaryH » Sat May 30, 2015 9:15 am

boertjie wrote:We also just came back from the park . I agree with the service from Shingwedzi . This is one of the best camps in the park . Everything about this camp stepped up to the plate. If you look at the camp you would not say it was underwater a year ago . The staff always smiles and makes you feel welcome .The shop was my Wife's best experience of all the shops we stopped at in the whole park.

Just confirms that they are so deserving of this award don't you think boertjie? :thumbs_up:
Rose

umtali1
Virtual Ranger
Virtual Ranger
Location: Comberton near Cambridge UK ...2015 trip to SanParks completed

Unread postby umtali1 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:27 am

Congratulations to all the staff at Shingwedzi. :clap: :clap: :clap: You are obviously maintaining those excellent standards that were so apparent when we stayed in October 2013.
umtali1

2013 Mokala and KNP http://www.sanparks.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=75574.
"A One Night Stand" current
"Cape Town to Namibia border" - Ebb and Flow, Karoo NP, Mokala, Augrabies & KTP TR's being prepared

Porridge
Senior Virtual Ranger
Senior Virtual Ranger
FAC Member (2013)

Unread postby Porridge » Sun May 31, 2015 5:17 am

Shing has been my favourite camp in all of KNP for many years now, and I'm dead chuffed to see that they have got Camp of the Year for this year!! Great job, Christa and the team, very well deserved, and I can't wait to get back. Roll on, November ......
The simple rule to follow with all animals is one of respect.

Tired of wishing "you were there"? Try something different

27-30 August - Mahlangeni Ranger Post - SHR Project Relax
12-23 November - Roodewal, Shing and Punda

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”