Ornithological Observations is an electronic journal published by BirdLife South Africa and the Animal Demography Unit at the University of Cape Town. This site allows scientists, citizen scientists and the every-day bird enthusiast to read and publish information on bird observations anywhere in South Africa.
Postings that were recorded in SANParks include:
- Remarkable Bird Sightings in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Immature Saddle-billed Storks in Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- First Chestnut Weaver record for South Africa (Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park)
- Object play of juvenile Martial Eagle (Letaba Rest Camp, Kruger National Park)
Visit our birding forum for discussions on birds in Parks.
Recent Rare and Unusual Bird Sightings
For live updates of rare birds sightings reported in parks, follow @Chris_SANParks on Twitter.
Archives of Rare Bird Sightings in Parks
Kruger National Park
View more public queries, comments and sightings at the Birding Forum.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Karoo Birding Weekend 2015
Posted by: SHR PR & Media on 21st April 2015
- Cricket days and the last nights of Summer
Posted by: spargish on 21st April 2015
- Index : Insects and Other Invertebrates
Posted by: Crested Val on 21st April 2015