- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
PPP Investment Opportunity: Ratelrivier Farmstead: Agulhas National Park
In line with SANParks’ Strategic Plan for Commercialisation, SANParks intends to form a Public Private Partnership (PPP) in which it gives a selected private party the rights to the commercial use of the Ratelrivier Farmstead in the Agulhas National Park.
Update: Please note that the draft agreement will be e-mailed to you when you pre-register for the compulsory site visit.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit detailed bids in line with SANParks’ mandate and objectives for this PPP opportunity. Interested parties will be expected to meet certain minimum criteria in order to qualify.
SANParks will enter into a PPP agreement with the winning bidder for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment for the private party. In return, the private party will meet agreed operating, development, refurbishment, broad-based black economic empowerment (BEE) and environmental obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks.
The Information Memorandum and Request for Proposal (RFP) documents, setting out further details of the minimum criteria and process to be followed are available here:
Annexures to the Information Memorandum:
- Annexure 1: Preliminary Heritage Guidelines
- Annexure 2: Historic Information on the Farmstead
- Annexure 3: Heritage Western Cape Accredited Members List
- Annexure 4:
Please note that only a scanned copy of this document is available electronically, and is listed here in 11 segments:
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas (1)
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas (2)
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 3
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 4
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 5
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 6
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 7
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 8
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 9
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 10
- Tourism Development Framework for Agulhas 11
- Annexure 5: Southern Tip Precinct Plan (not finalised and for information purposes only)
- Annexure 6: Ratelrivier Floor Plans
You can also obtain information by contacting SANParks at the following address:
SOUTH AFRICAN NATIONAL PARKS
Manager: Business Development
P O Box 787
643 Leyds Street
Telephone (office): +27 12 426 5280
Telephone (cell): +27 83 679 0472
Facsimile: +27 12 343 3849
Interested bidders are required to submit detailed bids (containing specific financial, functional and BEE proposals), only in the format given in the RFP document, to SANParks’ physical address, no later than Friday 2 November 2007 at 12:00.
In keeping with SANParks’ objectives, attention will be paid to Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment and in particular, adherence to the National Tourism Charter and Scorecard.
The regulatory provisions for tourism PPPs can be found on www.ppp.gov.za
In the Suidernuus media the closing date for bid submissions was erroneously published as 15th October 2007. The correct closing date for bid submissions is Friday 2 November 2007 at 12:00.