- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you are about to leave the SANParks website (www.sanparks.org) and will be directed to a partner website.
Would you like to continue?
PPP Investment Opportunity: Rhodes Memorial Tea Room and Restaurant Facilities
In line with SANParks’ Strategic Plan for Commercialisation, SANParks intends to form a public private partnership (PPP) in which it gives a selected private party the rights to the commercial use of the Rhodes Memorial Tea Room and Restaurant in the Groote Schuur Estate within the Northern section of Table Mountain National Park.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit bids in line with SANParks’ mandate and aims and responsive to the SANParks specifications and objectives for this SMME tourism PPP opportunity.
SANParks will enter into a PPP agreement with the winning bidder for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment for the private party. In return, the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and broad-based black economic empowerment obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks.
A detailed planning and management proposal done by consultants for Table Mountain National Park for the Groote Schuur Estate will be available for a charge of R100.
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity:
- Request for Proposals
- Invitation to Bid
- Bidders Information Site Meeting Certificate
- PPP Agreement in respect of the Rhodes Memorial Tea Room Project in the Northern Section of TMNP
- Plan for Rhodes
- Landscape Precincts for Rhodes
- Tax Clearance Requirements
- Declaration of Interests
- Government Procurement - General Conditions of Contract
- Preference Points Claim Form
- Pricing Schedule - Firm Prices
- Declaration of Bidder’s Past Supply Chain Management Practices
Enquiries can be sent to Anthea Mouton:
- e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or
- telephone number: (021) 701 8692
A compulsory site visit for prospective bidders will be held at Rhodes Memorial Tea Room and Restaurant on 26 February 2010 at 11:00.
Bidders are required to submit proposals, only in the format given in the RFP document, to the Table Mountain National Park’s Westlake office at: Shop A1 Westlake Square Cnr Steenberg and Westlake Drives, Westlake or it can be mailed to P.O. Box 37, Constantia. 7848 no later than 26 March 2010 at 12:00.
The regulatory provisions for tourism PPPs can be found on www.ppp.gov.za