- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Request for Expression of Interest - Tourism Micro PPP Opportunity at Die Stroom Facility in the Bontebok National Park
South African National Parks (SANParks) is investigating the feasibility of various Public Private Partnerships (PPPs) in terms of which selected private parties are given the right to use the proposed commercial facilities, i.e. the quaint coffee shop/ tea room facilities on the Die Stroom Facility in the Bontebok National Park.
As part of establishing the feasibility of the project, particularly the scale and type of market interest in this opportunity, SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit Expressions of Interest (EOI) in the prescribed format.
If the project is deemed to be feasible, a competitive bid will follow.
In a typical PPP agreement in this sector, the private party is granted rights to finance, design, build, operate and maintain a tourism facility on state conservation land for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment. In return, the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and BEE obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks. At the end of the agreement term, the facility reverts to the institution.
- The opportunity: Management and operation of a quaint Coffee Shop / Tea Shop in Bontebok National Park.
- Size of building: The building is situated alongside the Breede River. It comprises of the following:
- deck 22mx9,2m
- staff toilet 3,2mx1,8m
- men’s toilet 5,4mx2,8m
- staff toilet 3,5mx1,8m
- ladies toilet 5,5mx2,8m
- storeroom 2,3mx1,1m
- geyser room 3,4mx1,4m
- kitchen 3,4mx2,2m
- retail area 9mx2,8m
- special needs toilet 2,2mx1,7m
- courtyard to kitchen 2,8mx1,8m
- Weather resistant blind awnings available on the deck.
- Seating capacity including deck are approximately 80 seats. Parking bays allocated to the Die Stroom Facility.
- Equipment: The facility is equipped with 5 wooden benches which seats 6 people each, a braai situated on the deck and cupboards inside the building. Electricity available at building and soak away sewerage system. Bidders are responsible for their own equipment and payment of utility services.
- Activities: Coffee/ Tea shop and certain permitted functions i.e. birthday parties, staff parties and corporate braais etc.
- Responsibilities: The effective management of the Die Stroom Facility rendering high quality standards in food and beverages with the accompanying responsibilities such as training of personnel, purchasing and control of stock, record keeping, generating of monthly reports and reporting to SANParks on a quarterly basis.
- Term: Five year contract. A contract will be drawn up with the successful respondent - starting (preferably) 1 October 2011.
Proposal & C.V.
Respondents must submit a proposal that includes a monthly rental income and /or a percentage of turnover offering to SANParks and full credentials to the postal address or email or fax number mentioned below.
Please note that there is a site visit on Friday, 15 July 2011 at 11am at Die Stroom Facility.
- E-mail and queries to: email@example.com
- Address: The Park Manager, P.O.Box 149 Swellendam,6740
- Telephone no: (028) 514 2735
- Fax no: (028) 514 2646
- Wendy Jutzen -Davids - Cape Regional Business Manager: Business Development Unit
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: (021) 799 8873
- Fax: (021) 761 2224