People with disabilities
- An in-depth accessibility profile for Addo Elephant National Park has been compiled.
- View the accessibily features overview for Addo Elephant National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility.
Addo Rest Camp:
Matyholweni Rest Camp:
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Accessible Activities & Facilities
- Discovery trail
A short walk in the main camp, with one loop suitable for wheelchairusers and visually-impaired visitors.
- SASOL Red Bishop bird hide
In the main camp (suitable for wheelchair-users).
- Waterhole viewpoint
Floodlit waterhole at main camp (suitable for wheelchair-users).
- Underground hide
Underground viewing hide at main camp (suitable for wheelchair-users).
- Game area picnic site
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- It also protects the world's largest Cape gannet breeding population on Bird Island
Sunny with high level clouds
Min: 8°C / Max: 22°C
Hot & Useful Links
Official Guide on Sale
This 52-page full-colour brochure gives the visitor a complete overview of the Park, its fauna and flora, history, new developments, accommodation and activities. Highly recommended! Available from the park directly.