Activities & Facilities
Activities available include:
Additional activities on offer at Basotho Cultural Village:
An educational programme aimed at cultural heritage awareness through tracing the footsteps of the first occupants by visiting the historical sites of Qwa Qwa. This guided is offered on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Its duration is seven hours. The price is R40.00 per person.
Walk a wilderness trail with the village traditional healer who explains in detail all the medicinal herbs on the trail. A guide will then continue with the tour towards the caves to view San rock art. This guided trail is offered only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. Its duration is two hours. The price is R40.00 per person.
A depiction of the architecture and life style of the Basotho people from as early as the 16th century to the present day. This tour is conducted seven days a week, and takes 45 minutes. The price is R40.00 per person.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
Other Attractions near Golden Gate Highlands National Park:
Other attractions near Golden Gate Highlands National Park include: Golf, Shooting, Arts and Crafts, White Water Rafting, Quad and Motor Bike Trails, Zip Lining, Paint Ball Shooting, Archery, Fly Fishing, Game Farms, Rock Art, Trip to Lesotho, Katse Dam, Snow Boarding, Skiing.
For more information:
Tel: +27 (0)58 256 1542
- Conference Facilities are available.
- Cosy atmospheric pub with log fire (at the hotel).
- Picnic site for day visitors has ablution and barbecue facilities.
- Glen Reenen general dealer and filling station, Brandwag curio shop, licensed restaurant, coffee shop and ladies' bar. Enquire at reception.
- Catering for conferences, weddings and other functions at Brandwag should be made direct to the hotel on +27 (0)58 255 0012 for all reservations and inquiries)
- No ATM facility available
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?