- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
People with disabilities
- An in-depth accessibility profile for Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park has been compiled.
- View the accessibily features overview for Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
Three chalets at Twee Rivieren, one reed-cabin at Bitterpan and two desert tents at Kalahari Tented Camp have access ramps and accessible ablutions (roll-in shower).
All these units have certain access flaws. The park management has been given corrective instruction how to upgrade these and perhaps users will find some of these executed. There is also an accessible ablution block (roll-in shower) at Nossob Camp for campers, while accessible camping ablutions were added to Twee Rivieren in 2005. Mata-Mata has an accessible public toilet. Of the 3 Wilderness Camps launched opened in November 2004, only Kieliekrankie has a cabin that is adapted for use by people in wheelchairs. Urikaruus, up on stilts and Gharagab, on top of a sand dune (4x4 only) have no accessible units.
Twee Rivieren Rest Camp:
Mata Mata Rest Camp:
The unit is accessible to the mobility challenged. The chalet features two bedrooms, each with two single beds and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. The kitchen is fully-equipped. The patio braai area overlooks the riverbed. The unit also offers an aircon and DSTV (limited channels). Please note that there is no electricity from 21:30 - 05:00, daily.
Nossob Rest Camp:
The unit is accessible to the mobility challenged. The chalet features one bedroom with three single beds and a bathroom with a shower.. The kitchen is equipped with a fridge, hotplate and utensils. The unit also offers a fan and a Pergola and Braai. Please note that there is no electricity from 21:30 - 05:00, daily.
Bitterpan Wilderness Camp:
Kalahari Tented Camp:
Kieliekrankie Wilderness Camp:
The unit is accessible to the mobility challenged. The cabin features two single beds, a bathroom with shower, equipped kitchen with gas fridge/freezer and a deck with braai facilities. Own drinking water and firewood has to be provided for. The cabin uses solar power for lights and gas for hot water.
Accommodation images may differ from the actual units as refurbishment of various accommodation types occur on an on-going basis.
Accessible Activities & Facilities
- The park’s appeal is certainly its wilderness. Limited facilities exist for all guests. The predator centre and hide at Nossob and the information centre at Twee Rivieren are all accessible.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
18°C / 32°C