- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Marakele National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Activities & Facilities
- Bird watching and game viewing.
- Mountain pass up to an incredible view and proximity to the Cape vulture colony.
- Morning and Sunset drives available.
- Morning and Sunset Bush walks available.
- Two nights 4x4 eco trail available.
Come and enjoy the core of the Waterberg Biosphere Reserve Wilderness experience with qualified and experienced Field Guides/Rangers in the park.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
The Kwaggasvlakte plains immediately north of the reception/office complex and camping site can be traversed in a normal sedan although certain areas might be a bit challenging. The entrance roads to the safari tent camp and bush camp and t he narrow track up to the towers, can also be accessed with a sedan. Most other roads will present difficult terrain.
In an effort to keep the park ecosystem as undisturbed as possible, most facilities are located outside the park in the adjacent town of Thabazimbi.
- Shop: In Thabazimbi.
- Restaurant: In Thabazimbi.
- 80km of our roads are accessible to normal sedan vehicles.
- No ATM facility available in the park.
- Only Credit Cards are accepted at reception.
- Electricity: Only the accommodation facilities and camping site is supplied with electricity.
- Fuel: Petrol and diesel available in Thabazimbi.
- Garage: In Thabazimbi.
- Medical services: Doctor and hospital in Thabazimbi.
- Telephone: There are no public telephones in the park, but these are available in Thabazimbi.
- Post Office: In Thabazimbi.
- Police: The nearest police stations are located 12km from the office and camping site in Thabazimbi and approximately 18km north of the Kareehoek turnoff at Hoopdal.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
18°C / 32°C