- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Marakele National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
- The park is situated in the Waterberg mountain range in the Limpopo Province (formerly Northern Province) near Thabazimbi, approximately 250km north of Johannesburg, in a malaria-free area.
- Driving distances to Marakele: from Gauteng is 4 hours and from Tshwane 3 hours.
- Travellers can take either:
- the N1 to Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) and from there follow the R516 via Mabula and Leeupoort to Thabazimbi
- or travel to Brits and follow the R511 via Beestekraal to Thabazimbi.
- The office is approximately 12km from Thabazimbi crossing on the road from Thabazimbi to Alma.
- People in sedan vehicles might find the road conditions in certain areas of the park (main road) a bit challenging but the park is working on the major road revamp and the information will be updated as soon as the new development has been completed.
- Travelling times inside the park to get to any accommodation facility is between 07:OO and 18:OO and strictly no driving after 18:OO.
S 24º 31.860' and E 27º 29.896'
- Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 18:00 - 1st Sept to 30th April
- Gate opens at 06:00 and closes at 17:30 - 1st May to 31st August
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
12°C / 28°C
Sunny with high level clouds