- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Namaqua National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
As if by magic a tapestry of brilliant colours unfold enticingly along the winding roads of the Namaqua National Park. Butterflies, birds and long-tongued flies dart around among the flowers, seemingly overwhelmed by the abundance and diversity.
Every turn in the road paints an unforgettable picture: valleys filled with Namaqualand daisies and other spring flowers that pulse with sheer energy and joy. Next to some eye-catching succulents, a porcupine and a tall aloe pay witness to a baboon overturning a rock and pouncing on a scorpion. During early August and September, seemingly overnight, the dusty valleys of Namaqualand are transformed into a wonderland, carpeted with wildflowers. With its winter rainfall, Namaqualand is home to the richest bulb flora of any arid region in the world and more than a 1 000 of its estimated 3 500 plant species are found nowhere else on earth.
Escape to the land of contrasts, where the rigorous climate has created a myriad of life forms superbly adapted to their specific habitat. Fields of flowers, star studded nights, quiver trees, enormous granite outcrops and the icy Atlantic are but a few wonders that await the visitor to what is truly the Creators’ playground.
5 Things To Seek
- Carpets of flower (in season)
- Quiver trees
- Unspoilt coastline
- Quartz Patches
- Namaqua National Park is situated in one of only 2 arid biodiversity hotspots?
- It is home to the world's smallest tortoise, the Namaqua Speckled Padloper?
- It conserves the world's richest succulent flora?
- It is world renowned for its spectacular spring flower displays?
Still available this weekend!
- 2 single beds
- Bath towels
- Battery powered energy saving LED light
- Base rate: R1500
22nd August 2014
15th August 2014
7th August 2014
7th September 2013
21st August 2013
Posted by: shfish (27th August 2013)
Posted by: DinkyBird (26th August 2013)
Posted by: Friedrich von Hörsten (14th July 2013)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- It is world renowned for its spectacular spring flower displays