- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
|Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Sendelingsdrif Rest Camp
- A new rest camp has been built which consists of ten chalets (4 x 4 bed units and 6 x 2 bed units).
- All chalets are equipped with air conditioning, fridge and two plate electric stoves.
- All units have showers, front porches with views over the Gariep (Orange River) and there is a swimming pool in the camp.
There is still landscaping work being done and some further construction work is planned.
Potjiespram Rest Camp
- New ablutions have been built and showers (cold water only) are available.
- There are 18 Campsites and an Environmental Education Centre where school groups can stay over in traditional Nama huts.
De Hoop Camp Site
- This remains one of the most popular spots in the park and ablutions (cold showers) have been built to service 12 Campsites.
Richtersburg Camp Site
- As for De Hoop, this camp, which lies on the banks of the river, has been upgraded with ablutions (cold showers) to service 12 Campsites.
Kokerboomkloof Camp Site
- The 8 camp sites are serviced by dry toilets.
- No water is available on site and the nearest water point is at Richtersberg (32km) away.
- Toilets available
- Access through Sendelingsdrift
- No power
- No shower / wash facilities
- Very rustic
Tatasberg and Ganakouriep Wilderness Camps
Each camp consists of:
- 4 x 2-bed self catering units with showers,
- 12 volt lighting system,
- fridges and gas stoves (hot and cold water).
- Should problems occur with the lights, paraffin lanterns are available.
- A caretaker is resident on site.
- The units will be swept out and the area kept clean but the washing of utensils and making of beds will be the responsibility of the guests for the duration of their stay.
Please note that the water at Ganakoeriep, Tatasberg and Hakkiesdoring is not suitable for drinking and it is recommended that guests should provide their own drinking water.
Hakkiesdoring Wilderness Camp
No information available at present.
Hiking Trails Base Camp
The Hiking Trails Base Camp, which is situated in the panoramic Ganakouriep Valley and accommodates 9 people opened in mid-July. Gas stoves, fridges and hot showers are available. The hiking trail itself is not open due to a shortage of qualified guides but groups under the control of an appropriately qualified guide may be allowed to hike.
It is strongly recommended that they take a person with extensive knowledge of the area with them to enhance their experience and minimise the risks associated with this terrain and climate.
Bookings: This unit will be taken three months in advance until such time as the trails issue has been resolved. It is also an ideal location from which to explore the Park by vehicle. Note that the water is not suitable for drinking and it is recommended that guests should bring their own drinking water.
To view the accommodation prices, refer to Tariffs
8°C / 17°C
Sunny with high level clouds