- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Table Mountain National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Film and Photography Permits
Due to increased peak season visitor numbers in Table Mountain National Park the park will be closed for all film, functions, photography and events from the 14th of December 2014 till the end of January 2015.
Should you wish to hold an event, function, race, film or a stills shoot in Table Mountain National Park, please download and complete one of the two forms below.
- Application for Filming and Photography in Table Mountain National Park
- Application for Events, Functions and Races in Table Mountain National Park
Please email the completed forms to email@example.com
We do not accept fax submissions.
Please note we do not allow any filming, photography, events, functions or races across the park between the 15th of December and the 15th of January, each year. In addition, each location has additional site-specific times and dates when filming is not allowed.
All applications are to be submitted to the Table Mountain National Park Permit office. The following application time frames apply:
- Stills: Five working days (excludes weekends)
- Commercials: Ten working days (excludes weekends)
- Small (0 - 100): 15 working days (excludes weekends)
- Medium (100 - 300): 30 working days (excludes weekends)
- Large (300+): Six months
Table Mountain National Park reserves the right to not issue a permit should Management deem the activity to be unsuitable in a National Park, harmful to the environment or other park users or should the event conflict with the Organizations Conservation Principles.
Certain applications will require you to engage the services of an Environmental Control Officer (ECO) and/or Baboon Monitors. Please note that ECO services as well as Baboon Monitors are at an additional cost to the applicant over and above the permit fee. The contact details are as follow:
Crecilda van der Merwe
Tel: +27 21 702 2884 / 083 290 3686
Tel: 082 672 9351
Quinton Van Wyk
NCC Environmental Services
Tel: 021 702 2884
Any application for an event, which will impact on residents or any City of Cape Town property, will require the Applicant to obtain permission from the relevant City of Cape Town Permit Office in conjunction with acquiring permission from SANParks to conduct the event. Applicant to be familiar with the relevant City Events Bylaw (Gazette 6630 of 2009) and the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events Act of 2010. SANParks will not issue a permit if you are unable to supply details of the required city of Cape Town permit.
Please note that there is an anticipated tariff increase on 1 November 2013.
- Once your application is submitted, the relevant time frames begin to run.
- Your application form will be assessed and should it be found to be incomplete, we may send it back to you to provide us with the additional information required. If this is the case, the time frames mentioned above cease to run.
- If your application form is in order and your application is approved, you will receive an invoice.
- Once the invoice is received, please verify that the details are accurately reflected and pay the amount due and owing.
- The permit will only be issued once proof of payment has been received. Please note you will need to email the proof of payment to us. We prefer you pay via EFT as we require a cheque to clear before we can issue a permit and this might take seven to ten working days. The latest we accept proof of payment by is 15:00 daily to allow time to process the permit and provide you with a copy thereof.
- Once an invoice has been issued, the invoice is no longer open to amendment and no refunds or credits will be authorised.
- Permits are only issued during working hours and the Film and Event office operates from 08:00 - 16:00, Monday to Friday.
The use of SANParks locations are subject to Section 86(1) of the National Environmental Management: Protection Areas Act (Act 57 of 2003) for the duration of a visit in a National Park. A permit must be retained and kept at all times, and produced on request. Failure to comply with permit conditions may result in prosecution or affect the future granting of such permits The areas under the control of SANParks are used entirely at own risk and neither SANParks nor its service provider shall be liable for any claims, accidents, injuries or loss, etc. arising from such use.
15°C / 24°C