- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
West Coast National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
People with disabilities
- An in-depth accessibility profile for West Coast National Park has been compiled.
- View the accessibily features overview for West Coast National Park, as featured in the Rolling Inspiration magazine.
- Please see additional information on Wheelchair Accessibility
Two chalets are disabled-friendly. Each chalet offers 2 bedrooms, an open plan kitchen, lounge, fire place, shower, toilet and an outdoor braai area. Other facilities include: swimming pool, communal braai and boma area.
For bookings and more information, contact:
Tel: +27 (0) 22 707 9900
Accessible Activities & Facilities
The major attractions of the reserve are the marine and lagoon fauna and flora, fossil deposits, flower displays, wading birds and the use of houseboats. There are a variety of visitor destinations within WCNP all with varying access potential. Some of the more noteworthy ones include:
- Geelbek Hide
Accessed via a long wooden boardwalk, a person in a wheelchair can easily enter the hide (although with weathering the boardwalk is a bit creaky in parts). Depending on the tides, a person can have marvellous viewing of aquatic wading birds.
- Postberg Flower Reserve
Flower season is August and September, but there is also the presence of some large herbivores. Most of the viewing of the flowers is done from the confines of a motor vehicle. There are a couple of picnic sites and a viewing site overlooking the lagoon. The pathway to this latter facility becomes too narrow for passage in a wheelchair. There are toilet facilities that are spacious and can be easily accessed. However no assisting rails are present.
- Lagoon jetties and beaches
There are several jetties leading people onto the lagoon. These have steps and a wheelchair user will require assistance. Mobile toilets that service these jetties or the pathways that lead down to lagoon beach pockets are not appropriate for people in wheelchairs.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
10°C / 24°C
Sunny with high level clouds