- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
West Coast National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
South African National Parks Week
View the South African National Parks week brochure regarding the activities in the West Coast National Park from the 9th to the 14th of September 2013.
West Coast National Park boasts a number of attractions, suited to all ages in the family. This beautiful park is the perfect place to explore and get closer to nature – read more about West Coast National Park’s main attractions here:
West Coast National Park boasts a popular and colourful flower season annually between August and September. Depending on the amount of rainfall in the preceding winter months, West Coast’s Flower Season is fast becoming rival competition to other popular flower viewing sites in the country.
Discovered in 1995 at Kraalbaai, these prints are unmistakable human footfalls in rock (formerly sea sand) and are said to have belonged to a young woman who lived 117 000 years ago. The original prints are housed at the Iziko Museums’ South African National Museum in Cape Town, but the replica can be viewed at the Geelbek Information Centre inside West Coast National Park.
Eve's Trail is a 2.5 day, fully portered and catered hike through the park, tracing the footsteps of Eve. The trail is a 30km wilderness hike, consisting of 3 legs connected through a series of West Coast-style meals and transfers.
For more information on Eve's Trail and how to book, visit www.capebiospheretrails.co.za
West Coast National Park boasts a number of activities that the whole family can enjoy –
- take a walk or more strenuous hike;
- mountain bike on one of the cycling routes in the park;
- kayak and kite-board in the Langebaan Lagoon;
- scout for the hundred of bird species found in the park in one of the four bird hides;
- picnic and braai at some of the specially built facilities in the park;
- watch for whales in August and September from the Tsaarsbank section of the park;
- explore the park from the comfort of your vehicle (car/motorbike) and view Game in their natural habitat.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
15°C / 26°C
Sunny with high level clouds