- Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
- The Phalaborwa to Hoedpruit Road is in very bad condition (potholes) for at least the first 40km and guests are advised to plan their travel accordingly to avoid late arrivals.
Please take care when travelling to/from our Parks. Below are links to websites and Twitter feeds that will provide you with information regarding national road conditions, for your convenience.
- www.tracn4.co.za - For visitors travelling to the Kruger National Park via the N4 Toll Route.
- www.aa.co.za - AA road conditions information.
- www.nra.co.za - The South African National Roads Agency road and traffic information.
- @netstartraffic - Provides traffic information on Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town.
- @TomTom_SA - Road/traffic information and updates, provided by TomTom SA.
- @N3Route - The N3 Toll Route from Cedara (Hilton) to Heidelberg, SA. Traffic updates, road safety and more.
- @TRACN4route - TRAC operates the N4 toll route between Pretoria in SA and Maputo in Mozambique. For help, info and traffic updates.
- @EWNTraffic - Eyewitness News' traffic feed (Gauteng).
- @itrafficgp - SANRAL traffic updates (Gauteng)
SANParks takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information/updates provided on the websites or Twitter feeds listed on this page.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- INDEX: Lake Panic Sightings Gallery
Posted by: hilda on 28th July 2015
- If you have not voted .....
Posted by: MATTHYS on 28th July 2015
- Addo Cam 28/07/2015
Posted by: ritad on 28th July 2015