- Protests in Sabie area
We have received reports that protesters started assembling from 03:00 in the morning on Tuesday, 8 September. All the roads leading from Sabie to White River, Hazyview, Graskop and the Lydenburg Road from Sabie Country Club, as well as the Old Lydenburg Road which includes the section through Mount Anderson and the gravel road connecting it to Long Tom Pass have been closed by the protesters. Please avoid this area.
- The S139 road to Biyamiti Bush Camp will be temporarily closed from 4 - 31 August 2015. The closure is due to maintenance work that has to be conducted in that road. The Biyamiti Bush Camp is only accessible from the S25; there is no access from S114.
- Due to poor road conditions and repairs taking place on the R538 (between White River, Numbi Gate and Hazyview), guests are advised to avoid this road and Numbi Gate. The R40 (leading directly from White River to Hazyview) is recommended as it has recently been repaired and guests can access or exit the Park via the Phabeni or Kruger gates.
- The Phalaborwa to Hoedpruit Road is in very bad condition (potholes) for at least the first 40km and guests are advised to plan their travel accordingly to avoid late arrivals.
Please take care when travelling to/from our Parks. Below are links to websites and Twitter feeds that will provide you with information regarding national road conditions, for your convenience.
- www.tracn4.co.za - For visitors travelling to the Kruger National Park via the N4 Toll Route.
- www.aa.co.za - AA road conditions information.
- www.nra.co.za - The South African National Roads Agency road and traffic information.
- @netstartraffic - Provides traffic information on Gauteng, Durban and Cape Town.
- @TomTom_SA - Road/traffic information and updates, provided by TomTom SA.
- @N3Route - The N3 Toll Route from Cedara (Hilton) to Heidelberg, SA. Traffic updates, road safety and more.
- @TRACN4route - TRAC operates the N4 toll route between Pretoria in SA and Maputo in Mozambique. For help, info and traffic updates.
- @EWNTraffic - Eyewitness News' traffic feed (Gauteng).
- @itrafficgp - SANRAL traffic updates (Gauteng)
SANParks takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information/updates provided on the websites or Twitter feeds listed on this page.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Booms on Roads
Posted by: Snoobab on 13th October 2015
- Teen boy fatally drowns at Letaba Swimming Pool
Posted by: Lesego on 13th October 2015
- African Raptor Observations
Posted by: wildtuinman on 13th October 2015