- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
2011 - 2012 SANParks Annual Writing Competition
The 2011 Annual Writing Competition is going to be fun and exciting! This year’s themes are different for both adults and kids…so there’s more options to let your creativity flow.
Go wild and let your thoughts and imagination run free.
This is YOUR chance to explore South Africa’s National Parks...with words and photos!
Share your thoughts or questions on the official SANParks Annual Writing Competition facebook fan page!
There are separate themes for Adults and children. These stories/poems/essays must be based on real-life experiences in one of the 19 National Parks in South Africa.
- Winners will receive R1 000 each to be utilised for accommodation during a mid-week break. Prizes must be redeemed within 6 months from the date of issue.
- Your entry/entries must make reference to the competition theme.
- Your entry/entries must be original, in English, unpublished and not accepted by any other publisher or producer at the time of submission.
- This is an online initiative and as such only electronic copy will be accepted.
- Entrants should submit their writing via e-mail as attached word documents to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the e-mail clearly stating:
- Writing Competition and Category (e.g. 2011 Writing Competition: Poetry).
- Each word document should also be prefaced by the following information.
- Name: Joe Blob
- Postal Address: P.O. Box xyz
- Physical Address
- Nationality: South African
- Cellphone/mobile (if a minor - please send through guardian's number): 6843754733
- Land Line: 7632654p48
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Category: Poetry
- Word Count: 157
- You can enter more than one piece of writing. If you do however; each piece must have a category clearly indicated in the upper left-hand corner. This information will be entered into our database and confirmation of receipt will be sent to you.
- Entries accepted for display are determined at the discretion of the Web Content Editor.
- Every entry will be read by the Web Content Editor. The Web Content Editor reserves the right to re-categorise entries.
- The entries in each category deemed suitable for publication will be made available on the SANParks website, where they will be publicly judged in an electronic poll (on the Forums), hosted on the SANParks site. Voters will be required to fill a simple electronic voting form.
- You will receive notification of the receipt of your manuscript via e-mail.
- Entries must be received by 12 noon 30 June 2012.
- SANParks retains the right to use your entries in future publications, print and online. Your manuscripts will not be made available to third parties.
- For more information visit www.sanparks.org or e-mail the competition co-ordinator.