- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: KNP Field Rangers' strike called-off
Date: 30th April 2012
The South African National Parks (SANParks) field rangers’ strike which commenced on the 3rd February 2012 has been called-off, effective as from today, 30th April 2012.
The National Health & Allied Workers Union (NEHAWU), acting on behalf of striking employees proposed the following:
- That the strike be immediately called-off and striking employees to return to work on or before Tuesday 1st May 2012
- SANParks suspends the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements; and
- That SANParks commits to a meeting to address grievances which led to the strike.
SANParks responded as follows:
- NEHAWU’s proposal to call-off the strike is accepted and that striking employees should return to work unconditionally
- SANParks shall call-off the contemplated retrenchment for operational requirements
- SANParks commits to meet striking employees and or their representatives in order to discuss issues that led to the strike; which are not related to matters of mutual interest, but matters of rights; and
- SANParks further committed to share relevant information at the meeting in order to demonstrate that the issues raised by striking employees are part of on-going discussions with recognized unions.
William Mabasa, HOD: Public Relations and Communication, KNP said that affected employees will not be victimized or intimidated as a consequence to their participation in a protected strike. Acts of misconduct will be dealt with in accordance with the Disciplinary Code and Procedure.
The parties agreed to a meeting on Thursday 17th May 2012.
GM: Media Liaison & Stakeholder Relations, SANParks,
Tel: (012) 426 5170, Cell: 073 373 4999, e-mail: email@example.com
HOD: Public Relations and Communication, Kruger National Park.
Tel: (013) 735 4363, Cell: 082 807 3919, email: firstname.lastname@example.org