- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Media & News
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Media Release: Temporary closure of bush camps and roads in the north of KNP
Date: 17th January 2013
Heavy rains in the Kruger National Park (KNP) have resulted in temporary closure of Bush Camps and most of the roads in the Nxanatseni Region. All the bookings made at the affected bush camps will be transferred to the nearest camps. Main roads leading to the rest camps with low level bridges have been affected as well.
“We took the decision to close Bush Camps so that we do not compromise the safety of our guests. On behalf of management, we apologise to all the guests for the inconvenience that might occur as results of this temporary closure” said the KNP Managing Executive, Mr Abe Sibiya.
The Bush Camps and roads which are currently closed are as follows:
- Shisha Low Level Bridge (S57) leading to Sirheni Bush Camp currently flooding.
- Shimuwini Low Level Bridge (S141) leading Shimuwini Bush Camp.
- Bateleur is also closed due to waterlogged road leading to the bush camp.
- Nyala Drive going to Thulamela.
- S-63 loop from the T-Junction to Crook’s corner
- Shongololo loop going to Shipandane Hide and Boulders
- Nkulumbeni Bridge (H1-7) between Shingwedzi and Punda Maria - guest are advised to use Phalaborwa - Letaba
- Mopani-Phalaborwa road (H14) – guest are advised to use Phalaborwa- Letaba
Data lines at most of the rest camps in the north are affected.
The Road and Maintenance team is currently monitoring the situation to provide guests with alternative roads. More roads might be closed as it is still raining. All the roads which are closed are marked with “No Entry” signs or blocked with other objects. Motorists are urged not to use those roads and to drive with caution” commented Sibiya.
Guests visiting the Kruger National Park, can view the latest information regarding state of the roads at the following gates in the north:
SANParks Media Specialist
Tel: 013 735 4300; cell: 0836736974