- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Conservation Services Department
The Conservation Services Department provides SANParks with the services needed to manage national parks for the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity.
Enabling Legislation: The Protected Areas Act
The Protected Areas Act No. 57 of 2003 gives SANParks its legal mandate.
What are the important provisions of the Protected Areas Act?
- The Protected Areas Act establishes that the conservation and sustainable use of biodiversity are important objectives to be achieved in national parks.
- The Protected Areas Act promotes participation by stakeholders in the planning of national parks. In accordance with the Act SANParks will consult with affected parties in drawing up plans for national parks.
What is biodiversity? In the Biodiversity and Protected Areas Acts biodiversity is defined as “the variability from among all sources including terrestrial, marine and other aquatic ecosystems and the ecological complexes of which they are part and also includes the diversity within species, between species and ecosystems.”