- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
2010 Morula Kids Competition
Calling all you learners, we want you to use your knowledge and imagination!
Celebrate biodiversity by showing us your talent. Create an artwork showing a truly South African WILDLIFE animal playing soccer, and tell us WHY your animal is the best ballplayer!
How to enter
- Using crayons, coloured pencils, paint or whatever you like, draw a WILDLIFE animal playing soccer.
- The drawing must be done on an A4 page (210mm wide by 297mm long).
- Send your drawing, along with the filled out entry form, to the following
- Morula Kids Competition, SANParks, PO Box 787, Pretoria, 0001
This year has been declared the Year of Biodiversity
Cool Prizes you could win!
- A cellphone from Nashua Mobile with airtime.
- Your own cover picture on GO WILD magazine and many more pictures of you and your friends in the national park.
- A trip to the nearest national park with 4 of your friends accompanied by your school teacher:
- a two night stay at one of our wonderful national parks (including breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- a guided educational tour of the park with a ranger
- a game drive
- access to information about SANParks kids programmmes
- Kuduzelas for you and your friends!!!
- And much, much more....
The Morula Kids Competition is one of various Environmental Education programmes offered by South African National Parks (SANParks), to increase the level of environmental awareness amongst the South African public broadly, and more specifically, learners. This national competition focuses on learners at the General Education and Training Level (GET), particularly those currently in the Foundation and Intermediate Phases. It dares both learners and educators to use their creative skills in the form of art, sculptors, and essays to respond to challenges facing conservation and sustainable use of natural resources within reserves and national parks.
The Marula tree was selected as the official logo for the competition and hence the Morula Kids Competition. This tree was chosen because of its abundance in most African countries. It is one of the important fruit-bearing indigenous trees in South Africa. Apart from also being the tasty food to a host of animals, birds and humans, it is famous for its various uses. It can make very delicious jam, beer and liqueurs using the exotic tasting fruit. It can be used for medicinal purposes and can serve as shade where communities sit and hold their meetings.