- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Park Planning & Development
In 1999 Dr Knight, Head of the Inland Scientific Services office in Kimberley, opened a satellite office at the then University of Port Elizabeth, to give dedicated attention to the growing World Bank funded greater Addo programme.
This was unique in conservation circles in that the office was closely linked to an academic institution. In 2002, Dr Knight established the Park Planning & Development Unit, to give greater scientific emphasis to this important aspect of SANParks business. The team has grown from its initial three staff members to a current compliment of seven permanent and six contract workers, with skills in conservation planning, marine conservation, project management, park management efficiency and administration.
- Integrate planning initiatives throughout SANParks to provide a coordinated planning framework.
- Park management plan design, review and assessment.
- Park system design: expansion and establishment in both terrestrial and marine conservation.
- Conservation planning
- Internal spatial development
- The GEF funded (through World Bank) greater Addo Elephant National Park Project;
- The GEF funded (through World Bank) Garden Route Initiative;
- The FFEM (French GEF) funded compliment to the greater Addo Elephant National Park Project.
- There are various individuals that make up the team of the Park Planning and Development section.
- Includes postal and physical address as well as directions to the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University (NMMU) Southern Campus.
- Major role in the National Protected Areas Expansion Strategy.
- Major role in the CI funded Conservation Assessment of the Maputoland, Pondoland, Albany Hotspot.