Veterinary services department is responsible for:
Coordination of research on wildlife disease and their impact on human livelihoods, wildlife itself, and livestock
Implementation of wildlife capture and translocation programs with the aim of
- Reintroducing populations into national parks
- Enhancing the conservation status of rare and threatened species
- Controlling over-abundant wildlife populations to avert the threats of habitat degradation and loss of biodiversity
- Generating revenue for SANParks through wildlife sales
- Enhancing breeding projects involving valuable and rare species.
Building capacity in the veterinary and wildlife capture fields, particularly in persons from historically disadvantaged population groups.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Vote for the Best Scenery Picture for August 2015
Posted by: saraf on 1st September 2015
- Warning: People to not cross fast flowing rivers in the forestry areas (GRNP)
Posted by: MATTHYS on 1st September 2015
- Nossob Webcam
Posted by: twoplusthree on 1st September 2015