Veterinary services department is responsible for:
Coordination of research on wildlife disease and their impact on human livelihoods, wildlife itself, and livestock
Implementation of wildlife capture and translocation programs with the aim of
- Reintroducing populations into national parks
- Enhancing the conservation status of rare and threatened species
- Controlling over-abundant wildlife populations to avert the threats of habitat degradation and loss of biodiversity
- Generating revenue for SANParks through wildlife sales
- Enhancing breeding projects involving valuable and rare species.
Building capacity in the veterinary and wildlife capture fields, particularly in persons from historically disadvantaged population groups.
Browse accommodation and activities availability, and book online via our secure payment system and get 5% discount (excludes activities)
- Orpen Cam 26/05/2015
Posted by: melph68 on 26th May 2015
- load shedding in knp
Posted by: Happy Snapper on 25th May 2015
- Which malaria medication?
Posted by: Eddie Lubbe on 25th May 2015