Skip to Content

All Day Drive experience

A place to share our common humanity, a place where you know you're not alone, a place to recognize and congratulate one another.

Moderator: RosemaryH

Pawps

All Day Drive experience

Unread postby Pawps » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 am

On the 22nd September, we enjoyed a wonderful all day drive out of Mopani. This had been arranged through Winslow Nthlamu as Duty Manager at Mopani at the time (Winslow has since moved to the role of Duty Manager at Letaba). When we arrived at Mopani the day before to check in to our bungalows, we were met at reception by Amos Gazide, the head guide at Mopani, who introduced himself and advised the details for the next day's activities. We were to be in the care of one of his proteges, Stanley Chuma. And what wonderful care this was - Stanley went above and beyond during our 14 hour drive, and he imparted snippets of his knowledge throughout the day so that we learned more and more as the day progressed. Stanley is a polished young man and an absolute tribute to SANParks and his profession. We experienced more than we could ever have asked for, including finding two lionesses with seven cubs on a buffalo kill next to the road. Both breakfast and lunch at Letaba were excellent fare, well organised, and Winslow took the time to come and introduce himself to us, and ensure that we were happy.
Thanks to all the staff who took care of us, an in particular to Stanley. God bless to you and your young family.

saraf

Re: All Day Drive experience

Unread postby saraf » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 pm

Pawps,

Thank you for sharing this with us. I am so pleased, but really not surprised, that you had such a great experience.
The GREAT 2015 Online Auction is here. Get your bids in soon, it won't be around for ever.

RosemaryH
Forum Assistant
Forum Assistant

Unread postby RosemaryH » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks for the post Pawps :thumbs_up:

I will pass this on :clap:
Rose
Hurry - Such Fun Going On here

Please read the green gate permit you will receive on entry to the park and stick to the rules.

Stephens.L
Guru
Guru

Unread postby Stephens.L » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:46 am

Pawps wrote:On the 22nd September, we enjoyed a wonderful all day drive out of Mopani. This had been arranged through Winslow Nthlamu as Duty Manager at Mopani at the time (Winslow has since moved to the role of Duty Manager at Letaba). When we arrived at Mopani the day before to check in to our bungalows, we were met at reception by Amos Gazide, the head guide at Mopani, who introduced himself and advised the details for the next day's activities. We were to be in the care of one of his proteges, Stanley Chuma. And what wonderful care this was - Stanley went above and beyond during our 14 hour drive, and he imparted snippets of his knowledge throughout the day so that we learned more and more as the day progressed. Stanley is a polished young man and an absolute tribute to SANParks and his profession. We experienced more than we could ever have asked for, including finding two lionesses with seven cubs on a buffalo kill next to the road. Both breakfast and lunch at Letaba were excellent fare, well organised, and Winslow took the time to come and introduce himself to us, and ensure that we were happy.
Thanks to all the staff who took care of us, an in particular to Stanley. God bless to you and your young family.

Dear Pawps

We are humbled by your positive feedback about Mopani camp and the abovementioned staff members. We are proud to have staff members like Winslow and Stanley in our payroll who understand what the customer service entails. I will make sure that they receive this message. Looking forward to your next visit.
Regards

Stephens Ledwaba
Communications and Marketing Department
Kruger National Park
+27 (0)13 735 4116
stephens.ledwaba@sanparks.org

ecojunkie
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby ecojunkie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:20 pm

So glad you enjoyed your day with Stanley. I worked with him here at Malelane and was impressed by him then. He would insist on dropping me at my caravan after drives when we went out together, and generally showed thoughtfulness for others which was exceptional. He is truly one of KNP's rising stars.
Smiling is contagious. Start an epidemic today!

Have you read the entrance permit? Do you KNOW the Conditions of Entry?

Completed over 6 years in Kruger in my caravan.

If I was normal I wouldn't be me!

Visit OLA

Meandering Mouse
Legendary Virtual Ranger
Legendary Virtual Ranger

Unread postby Meandering Mouse » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:33 pm

Pawps, thank you for that feedback :thumbs_up:
The bird doesn't sing because it has answers, it sings because it has a song.

Return to “Under the Ubuntu Tree”