- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
SANParks involvement with the Birdlife South Africa Birding Routes
South Africa’s National Parks form key locations in Birdlife SA’s Birding Route Network.
Birding Routes are a way of linking birding locations for birding travellers to enable them to either maximise a continuous journey by visiting several proximate locations on a single trip, or to explore regions more thoroughly by sampling different locations on separate trips.
Most routes (but not all) are therefore focused on a common geographical area. Birding Routes also afford:
- Detailed birding information and advice along a network of interlinked routes
- Specialist travel services to plan your entire holiday
- A network of affordable community based local bird guides
- A network of responsible birder friendly accommodation establishments
- Collectively one of the world’s most exciting birding destinations
Of the already established routes 2 incorporate National Parks.
In Mpumalanga Province the Mpumalanga Birding Route and in particular the Lowveld Route draw birders attentions to birding in an around Southern Kruger.
In Limpopo Province, the Greater Limpopo Birding Routes has three routes which incorporate SANParks parks. The Soutpansberg-Limpopo Birding Route focuses on the far northern region of South Africa and Mapungubwe National Park and the far northern parts of Kruger National Park form part of this route. The Kruger to Canyons Birding Route includes the vast central regions of Kruger. The Waterberg-Nyslvley Birding Route embraces Marakele National Park.
While the National Parks may be established birding destinations of choice for birders, involvement with the Birding Routes allows the parks to help attract birders into the regions and communities surrounding the parks, thus stimulating the local economies. These partners are important benefactors and their often private status allows visitors much more flexibility and independence in using them as birding bases because they are free of the limitations of National Park protocol.
Developing Birding Routes in the Western and Southern Cape will also include several National Parks and their details will be added here when they become available.