- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
People with Disabilities
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Booking Accommodation specially adapted for people with mobility impairments
- Adapted Accommodation for Mobility Impaired Guests
- Reserve of accessible accommodation and booking procedure
- Discount for South African Disability Pensioners
There are currently around 120 accommodation units throughout SANParks that are adapted for use by visitors with mobility impairment. [Such units have adaptations like ramps, roll-in showers, toilets with grab rails, basins with push taps, etc. (and in the case of 13 of the accessible units, baths with grab rails.) This accommodation is aimed at providing comfortable accommodation and accessible for people in wheelchairs, the elderly and people who have struggle to use the standard accommodation).]
Most of these adapted units are very comfortable for guests with disabilities, but unfortunately some of the units accessible design is not as ideal as it should be with incorrect or outdated equipment having been used or placed in the wrong place. A process is underway to rectify this across all the parks to make sure that the standards of accessible accommodation across SANParks meets the national and international grading requirements, andif readers have any concerns about the layout of accommodation units for the mobility impaired and would like to contribute to this process, please send comments to CustomerCare@sanparks.org.
Most of the adapted units are kept on a reserve until 30 days before date of use. For the period 11 months before date of use (SANParks maximum booking period) up until 30 days before occupation only people with disabilities and a specific need for adapted units can book these units, but they must go through the authorised SANParks supervisors to secure the required accommodation. This one can be done via:
- e-mail: email@example.com
- fax: +27 (0)12 343 0905
- tel: +27 (0)12 428 9111
In all cases identify that you are a person with a disability or mobility difficulty and require accommodation adapted for mobility impaired guests.
Your reservation form issued by SANParks will indicate that the unit that is reserved for you is accessible to the mobility impaired.
- These special units cannot be booked through the on-line booking mechanism. They can also not be booked directly through satellite offices and travel agents (such agents will have to book through authorized SANParks reservations staff).
- 30 days prior to the occupation date these units are released into the public pool of accommodation and as they are intended to be universally accessible, can be booked by any person.
South Africans who receive a disability pension can receive the same discount as standard aged pensioners (60+) of 40% off accommodation price only.
Please note: This discount only applies to the same specified time period as standard pensioners and only certain designated units are covered. Regrettably international visitors with disability pensions will not qualify for this concession.
Persons who would like to qualify for this concession must fax proof of disability (a doctor’s letter) and a copy of their disability pension documentation to (012) 343 0905, marking for the attention of the head of Tourism Operations. Alternatively they can scan and email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.