- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
PPP Investment Opportunity: Operation of the Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park
In line with SANParks’ Strategic Plan for Commercialisation, SANParks intends to form a Public Private Partnership (PPP) in which it gives a selected private party the rights to the commercial use of the Skukuza Airport in the Kruger National Park.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit detailed bids in line with SANParks’ mandate and objectives for this PPP opportunity. Interested parties will be expected to meet certain minimum criteria in order to qualify.
SANParks will enter into a PPP agreement with the winning bidder for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment for the private party. In return, the private party will meet agreed operating, development, refurbishment, broad-based black economic empowerment (BEE) and environmental obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks.
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity (please note the recent addition of the PPP Agreement):
Please note that some documents are password protected (password = “Skukuza” or “skukuza”)
Latest addition:- PPP Agreement
- Request for Proposal (RFP)
- EMP and Specialist Studies report
- Runway PCN report
- The Information Memorandum
The following additional information, reports and appendixes relates to the above and could be downloaded to inform the opportunity and investment decision:
- SA Tourism 2007_Annual Report
- Runway PCN Report (Cover page only)
- Appendix A Audit Report Checklist
- Appendix A Skukuza Airport OEMG
- Appendix B Aviation Rules Regulations Vol2
- Appendix C Skukuza AIC
- Appendix D Stakeholder meeting - Skukuza Airport 02 September 2008
- Appendix D Stakeholder meeting - Skukuza Airport 04 June 2008
- Appendix E Map Extended flight tracks Unmanned Scenario
- Appendix E Map Flight paths (manned and unmanned scenarios)
- Appendix E Map Flight tracks Unmanned Scenario
- Appendix E Map Latest flight tracks
- Appendix E Map Manned Scenario Noise Impact
- Appendix E Map Manned Scenario Visual Impact
- Appendix E Map Unmanned Scenario Noise
- Appendix E Map Unmanned Scenario Visual
Click here for the presentation that was given at the site visit on 28 October 2008.
Alternatively, information can be obtained from James Daniels, who can be reached through the following:
- Telephone (office): 012 426 5280
- Telephone (cell): 083 679 0472
- Facsimile: 086 543 6796
- E-mail: email@example.com
Interested bidders are required to submit detailed bids (containing specific financial, functional and BEE proposals), only in the format given in the RFP document, to SANParks’ physical address, no later than Monday 5 January 2009 at 12:00.
In keeping with SANParks’ objectives, attention will be paid to Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment and in particular, adherence to the National Tourism Charter and Scorecard.
The regulatory provisions for tourism PPPs can be found on www.ppp.gov.za