- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Invitation to submit proposals to operate Water-based Commercial Activities in GRNP's Knysna Estuary
South African National Parks (SANParks) invites interested parties to submit proposals for the following commercial water-based activities in the Knysna Estuary (in the Garden Route National Park [GRNP]): 1) guided canoe trips and 2) small vessel charters.
SANParks is a corporate body established in terms of National Environmental Management; Protected Areas Act No 57 of 2003 as amended.
- Infrastructure: no new infrastructure will be permitted.
- Equipment: Bidders are responsible for their own equipment.
- Scale of Operating : The bidder must indicate the size of the operation in terms of 1) the number of vessel (s) and 2) the carrying capacity of the vessel (s).
- Responsibilities: The operation must conform to the policies of SANParks.
- Term: Three years
- Proposal and C.V.: Respondents must submit a proposal that includes a monthly operational fee to SANParks and full credentials to the postal address or e-mail or fax number mentioned below. All submissions must be sent in a sealed envelope.
Proposals must indicate the following:
- The area of operation (specific route/ area)
- Infrastructure required (please note that no new infrastructure in the estuary will be permitted)
- Scale of operation (no of vessel(s) and carrying capacity)
In a typical agreement in this sector, the private party is granted the rights to operate these activities on the estuary for commercial purposes. This will take place for a period of three years. In return the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and BEE obligations, and pay a concession fee to SANParks. All quotes must be submitted on the official forms – (not to be re-typed).
- Notice of Tender
- Request for Proposals
- Invitation to Bid
- Terms of Submission for an Outline Business Case for an unsolicited Tourism PPP Proposal
- Government Notice - National Environmental Management: Protected Areas
- Pricing Schedule - Firm Prices (Purchases)
- Declaration of Interest
- Declaration of Bidder's Past Supply Chain Management Practices
- Certificate of Independent Bid Determination
- Tax Clearance Certificate Requirements
These bids are issued in accordance with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act No. 5 of 2000 (PPPFA) and its Regulations. SANParks is not obliged to accept the lowest or any bid.
- E-mail & queries to: Andile Namntu, Manager: Business Development: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone no: (044) 302 5629
- Fax no: (044) 302 5627
- No late bids will be accepted. SANParks supports Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment.
- Original and one (1) copy of the bid documents must be submitted for this bid.
- Bid responses may be posted/deposited:
- Garden Route Area office, P.O. Box 3542, Knysna, 6570 for the ATTN: Procurement Division OR
- Drop off box: Office of SANParks, Garden Route Area Office, Thesen Jetty, Thesen Island, Long street, Knysna which is identified as the “tender box”, during office hours from 07:30 to 13:00 and from 13:45 until 16:00 on weekdays
Interested parties are required to submit proposals, in the format given in the RFP, to SANParks no later than Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 11:00.
In keeping with SANParks’ objectives, attention will be paid to Broad-based –Black Economic Empowerment.