- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Invitation to submit proposals to operate Water-based Commercial Activities in GRNP's Knysna Estuary
South African National Parks (SANParks) invites interested parties to submit proposals for the following commercial water-based activities in the Knysna Estuary (in the Garden Route National Park [GRNP]): 1) guided canoe trips and 2) small vessel charters.
SANParks is a corporate body established in terms of National Environmental Management; Protected Areas Act No 57 of 2003 as amended.
- Infrastructure: no new infrastructure will be permitted.
- Equipment: Bidders are responsible for their own equipment.
- Scale of Operating : The bidder must indicate the size of the operation in terms of 1) the number of vessel (s) and 2) the carrying capacity of the vessel (s).
- Responsibilities: The operation must conform to the policies of SANParks.
- Term: Three years
- Proposal and C.V.: Respondents must submit a proposal that includes a monthly operational fee to SANParks and full credentials to the postal address or e-mail or fax number mentioned below. All submissions must be sent in a sealed envelope.
Proposals must indicate the following:
- The area of operation (specific route/ area)
- Infrastructure required (please note that no new infrastructure in the estuary will be permitted)
- Scale of operation (no of vessel(s) and carrying capacity)
In a typical agreement in this sector, the private party is granted the rights to operate these activities on the estuary for commercial purposes. This will take place for a period of three years. In return the private party will meet agreed environmental, development, operating and BEE obligations, and pay a concession fee to SANParks. All quotes must be submitted on the official forms – (not to be re-typed).
- Notice of Tender
- Request for Proposals
- Invitation to Bid
- Terms of Submission for an Outline Business Case for an unsolicited Tourism PPP Proposal
- Government Notice - National Environmental Management: Protected Areas
- Pricing Schedule - Firm Prices (Purchases)
- Declaration of Interest
- Declaration of Bidder's Past Supply Chain Management Practices
- Certificate of Independent Bid Determination
- Tax Clearance Certificate Requirements
These bids are issued in accordance with the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act No. 5 of 2000 (PPPFA) and its Regulations. SANParks is not obliged to accept the lowest or any bid.
- E-mail & queries to: Andile Namntu, Manager: Business Development: email@example.com
- Telephone no: (044) 302 5629
- Fax no: (044) 302 5627
- No late bids will be accepted. SANParks supports Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment.
- Original and one (1) copy of the bid documents must be submitted for this bid.
- Bid responses may be posted/deposited:
- Garden Route Area office, P.O. Box 3542, Knysna, 6570 for the ATTN: Procurement Division OR
- Drop off box: Office of SANParks, Garden Route Area Office, Thesen Jetty, Thesen Island, Long street, Knysna which is identified as the “tender box”, during office hours from 07:30 to 13:00 and from 13:45 until 16:00 on weekdays
Interested parties are required to submit proposals, in the format given in the RFP, to SANParks no later than Tuesday, 13 December 2011 at 11:00.
In keeping with SANParks’ objectives, attention will be paid to Broad-based –Black Economic Empowerment.