- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
PPP Investment Opportunity: Request for proposals are issued by South African National Parks in respect of the restaurant and retail opportunity in the following National Parks: Kruger National Park, Addo Elephant National Park, Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park, Mountain Zebra National Park, Karoo National Park, Augrabies Falls National Park and Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
In line with SANParks’ Strategic Plan for Commercialisation, SANParks intends to form a Public Private Partnership (PPP) in which it gives selected private parties the rights to the commercial operation of restaurant and retail facilities in National Parks. Opportunities are packaged into several Bid Packages which is outlined below.
SANParks invites prospective investors and operators to submit detailed bids in line with SANParks’ mandate and objectives for this PPP opportunity. The following Bid Packages form part of the opportunity:
Bid Package 1: Retail in the Kruger National Park
Bid Package 2: Restaurants in the Kruger National Park (pending agreement with the current operator)
Bid Package 3: Restaurant and conference catering in Mopani Camp in the Kruger National Park
Bid Package 4: Retail in the Addo Elephant National Park and Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park
Bid Package 5: Restaurant in the Tsitsikamma Section of the Garden Route National Park
Bid Package 6: Restaurant in the Addo Elephant National Park
Bid Package 7: Restaurant and retail in the Mountain Zebra National Park
Bid Package 8: Restaurant and retail in the Augrabies Falls National Park
Bid Package 9: Restaurant and retail in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
Bid Package 10: Restaurant and retail in the Karoo National Park
Interested parties will be expected to meet certain minimum criteria in order to qualify.
SANParks will enter into a PPP agreement with the winning bidder for a period likely to provide a fair return on investment for the private party. In return, the private party will meet agreed operating, development, refurbishment, maintenance, broad-based black economic empowerment (BEE) and environmental obligations, and pay a PPP fee to SANParks.
Below please find documents that outline details on the opportunity (please note that the draft PPP Agreements for the various bid packages will be published on this web page on the 1st of June 2012).
Please note that the updated documents, i.e. PPP Agreements will be posted to this web page on Monday the 6th of August 2012.
- Information Memorandum
- An analysis of restaurants and shops in South African National Parks
- Annexure C.1 Addo Tsitsikamma and MZ Restaurants - Staff Costing Structure
- Annexure C.2 Retail Staff Costing Structure
- Annexure C.3 Kruger National Park Staff Costing Structure - Document obtainable from email@example.com for all registered bidders.
- Annexure C.4 Karoo restaurant and retail Staff 2012 - Document obtainable from firstname.lastname@example.org for all registered bidders.
- Annexure C.5 Augrabies and Kgalagadi Staff - Document obtainable from email@example.com for all registered bidders.
- Request for proposals (new - 20/08/2012)
- Annexure 12: Prohibited chemicals
- Annexure 13: Preferred chemical control
- Annexure 14: Bat Management Guidelines
- Annexure 15: Pest Management Plan
- Questions and Answers
- Historic audited turnovers
- KNP Gate numbers
- Turnover calculations
- Augrabies and Kgalagadi income statements - Document obtainable from firstname.lastname@example.org for all registered bidders.
-Bid package 2: Staff Register including contract start dates and ID numbers.
- PPP agreements
BP 1 - KNP Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
BP 2 - KNP Restaurant PPP Agreement
BP 3 - Mopani Conference Restaurant PPP Agreement
BP 4 - Addo Tsitsikamma Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
BP 5 - Tsitsikamma Restaurant PPP Agreement
BP 6 - Addo Restaurant PPP Agreement
BP 7 - Mountain Zebra Restaurant and Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
BP 8 - Augrabies Restaurant Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
BP 9 - Kgalagadi Restaurant Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
BP 10 - Karoo Restaurant Retail PPP Agreement (new - 20/08/2012)
- Registration for the bidders conference of 18 July 2012 at 13H00 - 16H00 should be made with James Daniels at email@example.com before or on 10 July 2012.
- The bidders conference will be held in Pretoria or Johannesburg (Venue TBC on 13 July 2012).
- The following information will be required:
- Number of delegates that will attend.
- Names of delegates.
- Company represented.
- Contact cell number and email address of delegates.
Please note that only companies that attended the site visits will be allowed to attend the bidders conference on the 18th July.
- Interested bidders will be required to submit detailed bids (containing specific financial, functional and BEE proposals), only in the format given in the RFP document, to SANParks' physical address, no later than 31 August 2012 at 11:00.
Manager: Business Development Unit
South African National Parks (SANParks)
Tel: 012 426 5280, Fax: 086 543 6796