- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Augrabies is situated in a semi-arid region, which implies low annual rainfall and extreme variations of temperatures.
In the peak summer months (January / February) the average daytime temperature is 41°C, but highs of 46°C have been recorded. During these months the high temperatures are further aggravated by the many rocks where temperatures can reach up to 70°C during the day. Summer nights are usually more pleasant but temperatures will remain high at around 25°C.
During winter months the average daytime temperature often hovers around 20°C but lower temperatures are a possibility. Winter nights average around 0°C although the temperature drops to -5° occasionally.
Autumn and spring are characterized by pleasant, moderate temperatures.
The average annual rainfall in the park is 124mm, with most rains occurring between November and April. Summer rain usually falls in short, heavy bursts, accompanied by spectacular thunderstorms and strong winds. Winter rains are gentle and last 1-3 days resulting in a flower paradise.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- that the vision of SANParks is that national parks will be the pride and joy of all South Africans and of the world.
16°C / 35°C