- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Augrabies Falls National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- Day visitors are welcome and there are facilities to cater for them.
- Day visitors hours are from 07:00-18:00
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and wildlife reference books.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Hikers on day and overnight trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Take cool or light clothing for summer and warm for winter – area prone to sudden weather changes.
- 07:00 to 19:00
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a National Park
- Firearms must be declared.
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Malaria prophylactics and mosquito repellents are a good precaution. Malaria has been historically recorded in the area but is not very prevalent. Please consult your chemist/doctor to alleviate any concerns.
- Vehicle repairs, medical services, post office and police: Kakamas (40km).
- Shoes must be worn on summer evenings to avoid scorpion stings.
- Bicycles, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed.
- You may enter the Park with motorcycles and are allowed to stay in the camping site.
- For reservations and availability, please e-mail Central Reservations or phone them on +27 (0)12 428 9111
- For any other enquiries, e-mail Augrabies Falls National Park or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel: +27 (0) 54 452 9200
- Fax: +27 (0) 54 451 5003
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
Did You Know?
- that Fauna also include the Red-eyed Bulbul, the Pale-winged Starling, the Black Eagle, the African Fish Eagle, and the Martial Eagle, the rainbow lizard, Bibron's thick-toed gecko and the Sharptooth catfish.
16°C / 38°C
Sunny with high level clouds