- Day visitors are welcome and there are facilities to cater for them.
- Day visitors hours are from 07:00-18:00
- Remember to bring a hat, walking shoes, sun block, camera, binoculars and wildlife reference books.
- As outdoor lighting in camps is limited, a torch/headlamp is required when walking outside at night.
- Hikers on day and overnight trails must always carry sufficient water.
- Take cool or light clothing for summer and warm for winter – area prone to sudden weather changes.
- 07:00 to 19:00
- To ensure a safe and joyful trip through our parks, kindly adhere to the Rules and Regulations as stipulated by South African National Parks.
- The use of drones inside (and over) our national parks is strictly prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed in a National Park
- Firearms must be declared.
- Vehicle fuel is available in all parks (or is available on the park periphery) - South African legislation stipulates that fuel stations will accept legitimate petrol/fuel/garage/credit/debit cards or cash as a form of payment for any fuel purchase.
- Malaria prophylactics and mosquito repellents are a good precaution. Malaria has been historically recorded in the area but is not very prevalent. Please consult your chemist/doctor to alleviate any concerns.
- Vehicle repairs, medical services, post office and police: Kakamas (40km).
- Shoes must be worn on summer evenings to avoid scorpion stings.
- Bicycles, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed.
- You may enter the Park with motorcycles and are allowed to stay in the camping site.
- For reservations and availability, please e-mail Central Reservations or phone them on +27 (0)12 428 9111
- For any other enquiries, e-mail Augrabies Falls National Park or phone us on the following numbers:
- Tel: +27 (0) 54 452 9200
- Fax: +27 (0) 54 451 5003
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.
Did You Know?
- that some of the dominant and well-known fauna include rock dassies (rock hyrax), giraffe, klipspringer, springbok, gemsbok, eland, caracal, leopard, black-backed jackal, bat-eared fox?
Min: 15°C / Max: 32°C