- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Golden Gate Highlands National Park
Please note that you will now be routed to a separate web booking portal specific to Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets.
Would you like to continue?
Activities & Facilities
- Rhebok Hiking Trail (2 days and 1 night): maximum of 18 persons per group. Advance booking essential. Hikers provide all own necessities. Enquire at the reservations office. Tariffs and Map
- Short nature trails (varying from 1 hour to 5 hours): no bookings required.
- Game viewing at leisure in own vehicle.
- Holiday programmes are conducted during the April and December holidays. Enquire at reception.
- Environmental education courses (varying from 1 to 5 days).
- Horse riding available - please book at (058) 255 0951.
- Absailing and canoeing available for people using Wilgenhof Environmental Education Centre
Basotho Cultural Village Rest Camp
- Game viewing drives (self driven) – it is not only the game that one get to enjoy in this part of the world, one gets to enjoy rock formation, birds, grassland and the beautiful scenery that forms part of the Drakensberg and Maluti mountains.
- Museum tours – visitors get to feel the Basotho experience by tasting traditional cuisine, getting to know equipments and weapons that were used then.
- Cultural route, one gets afforded an opportunity to be taken through the Basotho culture and the way of living dating back from the sixteen century to date.
- Herbal trail, visitors are lead through this trail in order to be educated about the medicines that were used and are still by the African Traditional Healers.
A community levy of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
- Conference Facilities are available.
- Cosy atmospheric pub with log fire (at the hotel).
- Picnic site for day visitors has ablution and barbecue facilities.
- Glen Reenen general dealer and filling station, Brandwag curio shop, licensed restaurant, coffee shop and ladies' bar. Enquire at reception.
- Catering for conferences, weddings and other functions at Brandwag should be made direct to the hotel on +27 (0)58 255 0012 for all reservations and inquiries)
- No ATM facility available
- Swimming in natural pool at Glen Reenen.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
14°C / 22°C