- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Karoo National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- Motorcyclists will no longer be allowed to drive through the Park's entrance gate and Reception due to the risks involved with the lions present in the Park. The Park will, however, honour existing bookings but all future bookings will not be allowed.
Towards late afternoon, the great, unyielding canopy slowly softens its fierceness, and from pastel shades of pink and blue, the colours deepen, setting the endless Karoo canvas ablaze with glorious hues of orange and red.
The Great Karoo is a vast and unforgiving landscape of which the Karoo National Park is but a small portion. Being the largest ecosystem in South Africa, the Karoo is home to a fascinating diversity of life, all having adapted to survive in these harsh conditions. Karoo National Park is dominated by the lofty Nuweveld Mountains and rolling plains, where many species that originally occurred here now occupy their former ranges.
The Karoo National Park has a wide variety of endemic wildlife. Many species have been relocated to their former ranges - such as brown hyena, lion and Cape mountain zebra. Over 20 breeding pairs of black eagle find sanctuary within the park. There is also a wide diversity of succulent plants and small reptiles.
Note to Travellers
- Please note that tourist roads may be closed at times during heavy or prolonged rainy conditions or as a result of road maintenance.
Still available this weekend!
- 2 single beds
- Base rate: R1000
- 2 bedrooms, 1 single bed and 1 queen size bed
- 2 en-suite bathrooms with Wc, bath and shower
- Base rate: R1500
20th June 2014
3rd February 2014
9th December 2013
14th October 2013
11th October 2013
Posted by: doedsie (2nd October 2013)
Posted by: Nimrod (15th September 2013)
Posted by: korshinab (15th September 2013)
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?