- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Mapungubwe National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Confluence Viewing Decks and Picnic Spot
Enjoy a view over the confluence of the Shashe and Limpopo rivers where three countries meet.
There is a picnic site with shaded picnic spots with tables and taps along with ablution facilities. You can also hire a skottel braai and get basic necessities at the tuck shop.
Mapungubwe Interpretive Centre
With the Park's UNESCO World Heritage Status, an amazing building (that won World Building of the Year in 2009's World Architectural Awards) has been constructed that houses a museum section with many of the artefacts uncovered in the park, on display. Information on the park's fascinating history and biology is also available at the Intepretive Centre with knowledgeable guides on hand to take visitors through the centre.
Maloutswa Bird Hide
The hide is located within a short driving distance from Limpopo Forest Tented Camp and the Mazhou Camping Site. It offers a lovely location from which to view birds and mammals of all kinds.
The restaurant offers an a la carte breakfast (served from 08:00 - 10:00) and a la carte dinner (from 18:00 - 20:00). Light meals are served between 10:00 and 18:00. The restaurant caters for special organised functions in the form of Bush braais, Boma Braais at Leokwe Camp and Tshugulu Lodge, small weddings and special events celebrations.
The shop offers basic food supplies and curios.
The auditorium caters for meetings or educational groups and can seat up to 50 guests.
Gallery of some of the facilities available
Note to travellers:
- There is no petrol station facilities available within the park. The closest fuel pumps are at Dongola (+/- 30km, east) and Alldays (+/- 50km, west).
- The are no debit card facilities available in the Park. Payments can only be made via cash or credit card. Cheques are not accepted.
- No ATM facility available
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
23°C / 35°C