- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
|Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
Activities & Facilities
There is no restaurant facility available at Sendelingsdrift. Guests need to cater for their own meals.
Adventure and Outdoor Activities
- Flowering season – experience the springtime floral splendour of the |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld area (between June and October, depending on good rains).
- Bird watching – almost 200 species in the park.
- Vensterval Trail (4 days, 3 nights)
- Lelieshoek-Oemsberg Trail (3 days, 2 nights)
- Kodaspiek Trail (2 days, 1 night)
- The above mentioned are only available from 1 April to 30 September
- Guided walking trails will be conducted from a base camp called Hakiesdoring hiking camp soon.
Hiking Trails Base Camp
The Hiking Trails Base Camp, which is situated in the panoramic Ganakouriep Valley and accommodates 9 people opened in mid-July. Gas stoves, fridges and hot showers are available. The hiking trail itself is not open due to a shortage of qualified guides but groups under the control of an appropriately qualified guide may be allowed to hike. It is strongly recommended that they take a person with extensive knowledge of the area with them to enhance their experience and minimize the risks associated with this terrain and climate.
This unit will be taken three months in advance until such time as the trails issue has been resolved. It is also an ideal location from which to explore the Park by vehicle. Note that the water is not suitable for drinking and it is recommended that guests should bring their own drinking water. The cost of this unit is R600 for the first four people and R100 for each subsequent person.
A community fund of 1% will be added to the cost of all accommodation and activity reservations arriving on or after the 1st of June 2012.
No shops in the park, but fuel and cold drinks can be purchased at a small general store at Sendelingsdrift. The shop is open on weekdays only.
Pontoon at Sendelingsdrif
The old pont, that was last in service in 1988, when South West Africa (now Namibia) was still governed by South Africa, has been restored and offers an unusual and convenient way of crossing the Garib (Orange) River that separates the two countries. Before the opening of this border a very inconvenient 485km detour and about 4 hours drive had to be undertaken to cross from one side of the Park to the other.
Maximum carrying capacity is 6 Metric Tones or:
- 2 standard 4x4 vehicles without trailers
- 1 standard 4x4 vehicle with trailer
- 2 standard light motor vehicles with trailers
- 1 bus with a seating capacity of less than 20
Summer and winter: 8:00 – 16:15 (weather permitting)
For further information please phone the the park on 027 831 1506
- Unleaded 95 - available at all times
- 50ppm Diesel - available at all times
Please note that there is an ATM available at the Sonskyn Café at Sendelingsdrift.
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
14°C / 24°C