To hike the Hoerikwaggo™ Trail is a rare privilege that affords hikers the unique opportunity to overnight on the Table Mountain Chain.
For your own enjoyment and that of your fellow hikers please note the following:
- Hiking ethos: Good hiking practices of “leaving only footprints and taking only photographs will be promoted. Picking flowers is considered to be poaching and is strictly prohibited.
- Paths: The paths have been constructed to protect the delicate fynbos ecosystem. Please do not walk off the paths.
- Animals: Many vertebrates and invertebrates call the Table Mountain Chain home, please do not feed or interfere with any animals.
- Guiding: Critical for safety, good conduct of hikers, enforcing permitted access where required and ensuring appropriate use of facilities; and interpretation of cultural and natural treasures. Hikers are obliged to accept the guidance and advice of the Hoerikwaggo™ Trail Guides. All trail guides will be in radio contact with Park officials at all times.
- Security: All overnight facilities will have a permanent on-site management and security presence
- Touch the earth lightly: This means that all facilities and infrastructure will be designed with minimum environmental impact. No new building will be constructed and renovations will keep to the footprint of existing structures. Tented camps will be erected in such a way that they can be removed without a trace.
- Energy efficient: Where possible we have used alternative energy sources and eco-loos.
- Fire: Only allowed in designated fire areas under the supervision of a trained and accredited guide. The outdoor fires will only be lit on green (low fire-risk) days.
- Escape Routes: All the trails have alternative routes should the weather turn foul. Each escape route is as enjoyable as the primary route although possibly less challenging.
View and download maps.
Hoerikwaggo Tented Camps
Did You Know?
Cold and wet
Min: 12°C / Max: 18°C
Hot & Useful Links
- Video: Table Mountain's journey to New7Wonder of Nature inauguration
- Valuation of Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company's Cableway Assets
- Tokai Manor Precinct Plan: Final Report
- Activity EMP
- TMNP Safety Information
- Junior Rangers 2015 application form
- CDF 2006-11 Reports
- Commercial Operators in TMNP