- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
Tankwa Karoo National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
How to get there
- There are no formal entrance or exit gates for this Park.
- No travelling is permitted during the following times:
- 1 October to 31 March: 19:00 - 05:30
- 1 April to 30 September: 18:00 - 06:30
- Exemption is granted to visitors arriving on a Friday by no later than 21:00 at reception, to travel by means of most direct route to the reception and from the reception to their booked accommodation.
Main Access Routes
From Calvinia, Ceres, Sutherland and Matjiesfontein
All distances indicated are measured to the Park's Roodewerf Reception, with travel times based on speed-limits and average road conditions. Actual travel times may vary.
- Calvinia to Tankwa approximately 110km, 1h45min.
- Sutherland to Tankwa approximately 120km, 1h40min.
- Matjiesfontein to Tankwa approximately 160km, 2h15min.
- Ceres to Tankwa approximately 180km, 2h20min.
- Nearest petrol-point will be Middelpos at 52km, 1h00min.
- Roodewerf Office:
S 32° 14’ 27.9”
E 20° 5’ 44.5”
- Oudebaaskraal Airstrip:
S 32° 24.044
E 19° 50.576
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?