- Note to Day Visitors
Download our Gate Registration & Indemnity document and complete before your visit in order to save time when entering the park.
Just inland from the secluded harbour of Saldanha Bay, and only 1,5 hour's drive from Cape Town's City Centre, one finds the azure waters of the Langebaan Lagoon, focal point of the West Coast National Park.
Thousands of seabirds roost on sheltered islands, pristine golden beaches stretch endlessly into the early morning mist and brooding salt marshes are home to vast concentrations of migrant waders from the northern hemisphere. During the spring the strandveld is embroidered with a tapestry of multi-hued flowers, while in the Postberg section many antelope are to be seen in a setting that is as unique as it is idyllic.
- Free access to national parks during SA National Parks Week - 1st September 2014
- Flower season at West Coast National Park promises a landslide of colour - 19th August 2014
- Media Release: Free entry for South African National Parks Week - 27th August 2013
- Go wild this winter with SANParks Cape Region - 11th June 2013
- Media Release: Winter Food & Wine Pairing at Geelbek Restaurant, WCNP - 24th May 2013
Have a question? Why not ask on the forums?
View and download maps.