- Parks (A - Z)
- Addo Elephant National Park
- Agulhas National Park
- Augrabies Falls National Park
- Bontebok National Park
- Camdeboo National Park
- Garden Route (Tsitsikamma, Knysna, Wilderness) National Park
- Golden Gate Highlands National Park
- Karoo National Park
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- Kruger National Park
- Mapungubwe National Park
- Marakele National Park
- Mokala National Park
- Mountain Zebra National Park
- Namaqua National Park
- Table Mountain National Park
- Tankwa Karoo National Park
- West Coast National Park
- |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park
- Wild Card
- Contact Us
West Coast National Park
If you would like to make bookings or view availability for Golden Gate Hotel and Chalets, please click on the 'Make Reservation' button.
You can find more information on the booking process by clicking on 'More Info'.
- View the Geelbek Restaurant's Autumn 2013 menu.
Geelbek Restaurant stimulates all five senses when it comes to 'plating up' West Coast and South African cuisine.
This popular and well-known restaurant is situated near the Langebaan lagoon, inside the West Coast National Park, in the old Geelbek main house. This Cape Dutch building is a National Monument and was renovated three times since it was first built in 1744.
Geelbek has a reputation for fine yet traditional West Coast dining in a beautiful setting. Enjoy birds, sunshine and the views of flamingos while enjoying your food. The restaurant serves traditional food with a colonial flair. All recipes are well rooted in South African heritage with some of the recipes being more than 300 years old.
Expect typically South African ingredients like tamarind, cardamom, sour fig, caraway, aniseed, honeybush and cinnamon, along with trendy twists to some of the old classics. Popular dishes include:, bobotie, hearty ostrich burgers and fragrant Cape Malay curries. Geelbek’s Christmas lunch and flower season buffet is also very popular, but be advised to book well in advance.
Geelbek Restaurant only stocks regional wines and was awarded a Gold Award for Best Wine List 2005, 2006, 2007 by Diners Club International.
Geelbek is an award winning restaurant - here's a look at the accolades we've received:
- Langebaan Tourism voted Geelbek the best restaurant in Langebaan in 2005.
- Best restaurant in the West Coast region awarded by West Coast Tourism.
- Best Wine List in 2005, 2006, 2007 by Diners Club International
- The restaurant is family friendly and has a children's obstacle course to keep the young ones entertained.
- VISA/MasterCard/Diner's Club are accepted.
- Group/Activity picnic options are available.
- There is a curio shop with an interesting selection of local produce and crafts.
Geelbek is an internationally popular wedding venue. Vows can be said in a hundred-year-old church on the beach in Churchhaven, a small white-washed village inside the national park. Wedding receptions are held at Geelbek Restaurant where the marquee can comfortably seat 60 to 180 guests.
All-inclusive wedding service:
Wedding co-ordinator and restaurant owner, Elmarie Leonard, will conjure up an event to suit your style and budget. Geelbek staff strive to make every wedding a dream day. In order to assess your needs they need to spend time with you and therefore only work on an appointment-basis.
Geelbek Corporate Conferences and Teambuilding:
Geelbek's setting is a paradise for nature and culture lovers. This diversity makes it an ideal spot for any corporate conference or teambuilding event for groups of 5-60. Geelbek will put together packages that stimulate, challenge and motivate team unity.
Possible activities include: birding, hiking, winetasting, kayaking, health and wellness in alternative settings, drumming sessions, guided medicinal plant hikes, guided hikes to their shipwreck along 16 Mile Beach, soul searching next to the mighty Atlantic at sunset, food and wine pairing, cooking local (catching fish, preparing it and cooking it) and sailing.
For more information visit the Geelbek website: www.geelbek.co.za
Have a question? Why not ask at the forums?
12°C / 16°C